A week not to repeat

Posted , 5 users are following.

So this time 7 days ago, I was starting to feel great. Was generally very upbeat and friends and co were commenting on seeing great improvements.

Since then, I've been to the edge with both my depression and anxiety. The negative thoughts have been very powerful, though I have not felt like acting on them. I've broken down in tears 3 nights in a row, and have been struggling to function.

Today saw psychiatric doctor. Increasing citalopram to 30mg for a week. Then 40mg thereafter. That's the max citalopram. Also starting on Preganalin for the anxiety. I was offered a choice of 2 drugs. Both would help with the anxiety and sleep. 1st would help slightly better with sleep. The other slightly better with anxiety. I opted for the anxiety one. This starting on Preganalin 75mg twice daily, increasing to 3 doses in a week.

I don't want to repeat the last 7 days as they have been awful. Man. I am very unwell. It's really difficult. I hope these start to work for me.

Anyone else using Preganalin for anxiety?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was on citalopram since October till June this year and it never helped me any increased my anxiety too. I was given pregablin 75mg 2x day and the results were great I now take 75mg in morning and 150mh at night and have changed to venlafaxine still getting anxiety break through as I'm changing meds but I hate to think how bad it would be without pregablin as I couldn't function or sleep I had 24 hr adrenaline running through my body. I hope they help you like they helped me.
    • Posted

It's good to hear they are helping i found them great I had never experienced or knew of anxiety like I felt and I now sympathise with all who have this condition it's so debilitating. It's great news good luck and keep updates coming. X
  • Posted

The preganalin is a new drug to me E.L.R. But give it a go.some people have to experiment under supervision of course but likeDawn this might be the one to work. I really hope this works for you . Just think 50 years ago and more there was very little that could be done for anxiety sufferers and we were just told to pull ourselves together.At least we have some meds available these days it's just a matter of finding what works. Hang in there.we are all on the same journey just at different stages!
  • Posted

Take Care ELR you are very strong remember that !! xx
    • Posted

Cheers guys. And yes Stevo, I'll be strong. I know I am determined to get better, whatever it takes. Last week was bad. The emotions, tears, anxiety, tummy knots, stress, depression all rolling and rolling all over again. With the help of the psychiatric doctor and the change in citalopram and the addition of the pregabalin since Friday, It could be a little bit of the placebo effect, but for the last 2 nights when I took my other new pill, I drifted off into the best sleep I've had in ages. Got a good 6 hours last night as well as the night before. Feeling better for it today. Yesterday I was still very tense, but today I'm feeling a little more hopeful again. ill keep posting.
  • Posted

So pleased to hear that you are sleeping well.The anxiety is made even worse by tiredness. Keep improving.
    • Posted

Slept 8 hours last night. Was even late for work today, and I had a meeting with HR at 9am. Lol. Mind you, managed to re-negotiate reduced hours for the next 2 weeks and got access to a 'quiet room' for when I'm stressing.
    • Posted

Good result ELR wink I'm sure work will understand. Glad sleep is going well that will help you big time !  
    • Posted

Yes, I know it will Stevo. Thanks. I'm tethering on the edge of giving my parents a call and letting them know what's been going on. They live in another town, and I haven't been home to see them since February. This all crashed out with me in April. When I chatter to them, I put on my best pretend happy voice and say everything is great. I think it will be a shock to them. However, these things eun in the family. My dad, his sister, my brother and my sister all have suffered in the past. So I imagine the folks will be sympathetic.
    • Posted

Dont feel bad about telling your mum & dad they will love you regardless and it will make you feel better talking about it smile take care keep us posted my friend!
    • Posted

A problem shared is a problem halved. Or thereabouts. #shared

So I told my Mum and I left her to chat with my dad. He is the worrier.

Mum is a nurse. She asked all the right questions about relationship, finances, work, meds, doctors, support networks. Etc. said the one thing she will have to emphasise the most is getting out of the job. If it's the source, it's got to change.

Later my dad texted me. He said he'll ring me tonight, and that I have his full support.

All in all, it went well. I worried a little about having done it last night. I have to say I'm glad they know though. I know that thay will be a valuable support going forward.

• Posted

That is fantastic ELR and well done very proud of your courage!!! 
    • Posted

Great to hear that you are sleeping better and that work is being supportive. I was too scared to go to my HR people when I worked or I would have been dismissed so things have definitely improved in the workplace and so they should.Hope this week continues to go well.
    • Posted

Thanks Felis,

Been feeling so much more positive this week. I have continued to get between 6-8 hours sleep a night, which is great. Had a bit of a 'Freek out' yesterday at work, but was able to take myself to the quiet room, and in fact I fell asleep again when I was in there. Lol.

I don't want to get too over excited that 'this is it', but I'm definitely on the up and on the right path at the moment.

• Posted

I think you are definitely making progress, the episode at work sounds like a minor setback. You have come a long way ,and bit by bit you will be free of episodes.By accepting setbacks and not putting too much significance to them you are learning to manage your condition.Once I stopped letting the anxiety take over and started acting as if I was feeling fine I eventually became free of it. Having said that I have been on the meds for a year and only just thinking about cutting the dose under close observation of my doctor so that will be another step along my journey . Any time you need support just chat here we all understand .You are doing really well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.