A year on and off different antidepresants, made me worse

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had anxiety after stopping Tramadol suddenly, so the doctor put me Sertraline, after 2 weeks I felt as though i was going crazy, looked up interactions between thyroxine, to which i take, and found there was a bad interaction, then they put me on Mirtazapine, made me sleep and eat, it was good to eat, as i had no appetite, but I was already sleeping, but every day i was on them, had anxiety from hell and cried all day, on them 7.5 weeks, during that time did cut them down a little, but didn't take anything for 6 weeks, had withdrawal from hell, 9 didn't know it was wd, but I have realised from this forum since, so then it was Fluoxetine for 10.5 weeks, they made me shake all over, so i cut down. still feeling badI took nothing, untill a good friend of mine passed away, he made me feel so much better, as he had lost his wife, like i had lost my husband only a few years earlier, then I started  taking a diazapam now and again, but didn't do me that much good, so I paid privately to go into a hospital, not wanting any medication, but when I got in there it was no difference to the NHS, they just saId to me, you need medication, put me on Mirtazapine along with diazapam again and said you were not on strong enough, as I was on 15ml,  was only in there 2 weeks, but started to withdraw again, as I felt so much worse.... before all this medication I only had a little anxiety and was lonley without my husband, and just wanted counceling, but there was a long waiting list.......... Could anybody tell me if I could still be having withdrawal, as i have been taking a little liguid Mirtazapine and a diazapine now again up to a week ago from all the medicaion over time, as I feel like hell, wasn't this bad before all meds..... Hilary  sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilary. I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time. I am wondering if your central nervous system just got out of whack from all of the different meds and dose changes. It may need some time to recover from all of that. I went thru something similar this summer when my doctor started making lots of changes to my med - I was on Lexapro at the time. It really screwed me up and took quite some time to get things reset. I hope you are able to get some answers and feel better quickly. Xxx

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your reply, it makes sence what you said, I really wasn't too bad at all, just felt very sad over a year ago, and was just missing my husband Geoff, tramadol kicked, caused some anxiety, then the cocktail of drugs just finished me off, just want to get back to the person I was, not this miserable person I have turned into, so glad you have got over your worst... It seems to be the easy option, medication, I know a lot of people need meds, and it does them good, but unfortunally, they don't work for me, just talking works better for me, trouble is that came too late, i now need CBT... thanks again for replying.... Hilary smile

• Posted

i experience quite the same thing, doctors try on me several medecines, severe side effects each time, feel like my nervous system is upside down , so frightening, I understand, we do not know what to do; actually on fluoxetine since one month feel awful dont know what to do
    • Posted

Hi Anne, I must admit with a lot of people, it can take a lot longer than 4 weeks.... before they make any difference.... I was on Flu for 10.5 weeks, feeling much worse, only to find that they don't go with thyroxine advice is give them at least 8 weeks, if they don't agree, they are one of the easy  tablets to withdraw from, are you on any other meds,  that might interact,

• Posted

yes i have lamisctal 50 mg ; lorazepam to sleep , lysanxia small dose and now risperdal 0.5

​i will wait for the fluoxetine but really i can walk as i am too dizzy , mixing medecines i cant understand; i tried to cut lamital two days after dizzy much more, it is no ending

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.