Abdominal agony

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been diagnosed with a 'nasty' gastric infection, which has inflamed my stomach lining. The pain is excrutiating meaning I can hardly walk or function properly. Any recommendations as to which pain killers will work? Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What gastric infection is it? Stay away from anything with ibuprofen and NSAIDs because they irritate the stomach further. Tylenol is good to take but not for a long time. I take 2 tylenol pm at night only and nothing during the day. I was diagnosed with gastritis
  • Posted

Take aloe vera capsules and just eat/drink things that are calming your digestive tract.

Hot oatmeal, mashed potatoes, cooked and soft vegetables,  ease tea, sage tea etc, kefir is also very calming if you can handle dairy. 

Have small but frequent meals so your stomach acid can‘t hurt your stomach lining.

Also magnesium and calcium helped me very well with stomach pain.

Also have enough water- stay away from spicy, coffee, alcohol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.