Abdominal pain and bloating. Any advice would be appreciated

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice please.

I am a 32 year old mother of 3. All 3 by c section,youngest 6 yrs old. Had one fallopian tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy.

I've got abdominal pain and back pain. I'm constantly bloated and my stomach is slightly swollen even though I've lost a bit of weight. I feel exhausted all the time,nothing i do is making me feel any better. I'm sleeping more and eating better when i do eat and getting plenty of fresh air bit I'm worn out.

I've had a bit of bleeding in between periods,sometimes a bit of spotting and other times quite a lot of blood that's lasted maybe 2-3 days. I'm having to constantly wear a pa though due to the discharge that I'm loosing. I have an appointment to have some swabs done next Thursday but I'm worried that they'll come back fine and I'll be left like this with no answers.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do not be worried if your swabs come back clear; negative tests are good news. All you can do is to wait to see what the swabs show. Maybe the surgery has caused some disturbance.

• Posted

Hi rebecca232

Perhaps you need a checkup in your folic acid B12 Iron plus VitD. If these are low it will make you very tired and low iron may be caused by the excessive bleeding you are having. See your doctor, have your swabs and ask for blood tests for Folic Acid, B12, Iron and VitD. My daughter was low on all of these after she had her baby. and was exhausted most of the time....all fine now...

• Posted

I take folic acid daily and a B12 supplement as I had to have blood transfusions years ago when i was very anemic. I have a VP shunt in my brain so when I'm anemic it always affects my head (I dont know why) but I'll mention it and ask for blood work to be done . Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.