Posted , 3 users are following.

Age 22

Sex M

Height 6ft

Weight 145 pounds

Race Caucasian

Duration of complaint 4 months

Location (Geographic and on body) Stomach

Hello everyone, I'll try to keep this simple and clear.

Throughout last summer, my stomach started to hurt but I keep blaming it on bad foods.

It started with me waking up with big hunger (which I never did, I've always woken up with a feeling of fullness) and had some pain in my stern but I never paid closed attention to it.

One morning in september I felt very hungry and qucikly that hunger turned into powerful nausea and lasted for about 10 mins. I initially thought it was a calcium deficit given that I usually skip breakfast or eat very lightly in the morning.I ate something to calm my stomach which made it fine ish for the day. Every day after that it got worse and worse till I got a deep pain in my stern and incredible nausea. I couldn't sleep or eat anything for about a week, ended up in the ER.

At the ER they did blood work and an Xray which came back fine and told me it's probably a gastritis, but I couldn't believe them since I know I live a very organized life no alcohol, no cigarettes and only eat homemade meals.

I started reaching out on the webs and went out and did a H pylori test which came back positive.

I started treatment which went relatively fine, my pain was starting to go and allow me to sleep.

Post treatment I got a endoscopy done and doctor said that I have mild inflammation and prescribed me PPIs for one month and some motilium(this was because he found alot of bile in my stomach and said I'm prone to biliary reflux since biliary dyskinesia is in my family)

Another month passed by and I didn't feel much improvement since the endoscopy so I went for another check and got an ultrasound which indeed confirmed my cholecist is prone to dyskinesia but other than that my pancreas and cholecist looked fine so my doctor said he doesn't know whats wrong with me and adviced me to request a 2nd opinion from another medic.

H pylori came back negative both at the endoscopy and I did a recent test off PPIs and it came back negative too

My diet throughout the months has been very strict:

No alcohol

No drinking

No fried fatty foods

No sauces

In the later period I kept to eating only plain pasta/rice with small portions of oven cooked meat

My symptoms are the following:

Pain in the stern (which in the begging I thought it was hunger because it`s quite similar)

Pain in the right liver side

Discomfort in the lower stern (as in after I eat or get hungry sometimes I feel the stomach inflammating and I can't have anything push or touch it such as the bed cover or jacket because it feels painful)

Nausea

Nausea acompanied with bitter taste in the back of the throat

"feeling a liquid in my stomach"

Gnawing

Acid reflux

One thing I noticed is that whenever my symptoms are much milder when I'm constipated or backed up, but seem to get worse whenever I'm completely empty.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Gastritis isn't only caused by bad eating habits; it can also be brought about by stress and h pylori which you have had. It may still be gastritis. Try to eat regular, frequent meals and try not to skip eating.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

First, I feel your pain and the tremendous discomfort that you are going through. Second, you are so young to have to start dealing with the very many tests, meds, appointments, diets, diagnosis's, surgeries, sicknesses, more tests, etc, for all the stomach ailments/diseases and for that: I am deeply sorry. As for me, I have been dealing with similar symptoms for at least 6 years and I am in my 50's. However, in the beginning a lot of my issues began while I was recovering from an auto accident in which I had a significant head injury and orthopedic surgeries which was all tied in.

So, about two years ago was when I realized my ankle is getting better - my headaches had eased but all these other health problems keep getting worse that their is more wrong with me: which is, I had a hernia. In any event, this hernia caused me much right upper abdominal pain, every symptom you have mentioned, chronic discomfort, bloating, gas, bowel issues, etc. The surgeon ended up removing a large mass of fatty tissue and sewed me up but I still felt as if something is still in there. It's been a year and every day is becoming just as worse as like before. Now, I am doing much more research about the type of hernia I had, that mass of fatty tissue and the fact that it appears I had and/or have two hernias with everything pointing to a hiatal hernia which causes your acid reflux/gerd. What's more is that hernias - tissue mass - in that nature...... do not show up on x-ray's, endoscopy, sonograms, cat-scan,,, for it must be an abdominal MRI (not sure if it's with contrast or not) and as you can guess,,, that has hasn't been ordered for myself yet. Something to consider. I hope you can get to the source of "What is making you feel this way?"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.