Abdominal Pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am new to this forum but would like to ask for some advice. For the past 2 months I have had pain all over the abdominal area on both sides in the upper and lower quadrants. I have also been experiencing floating stools that are often yellow in color. I had abdominal CT scan with contrast and basic blood work which both came back negative. I met with GI doc who wants to do colonoscopy and endoscopy next month. Recently there has been a small point pain to the touch about 3 inches diagonally from the belly button towards the right ribs. Has anyone experienced any similar symptoms? Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Johm

The stools you describe are the same as I had prior to my gallbladder removal, have you tried cutting fat out of your diet? mine all started when I realised I couldn't digest eggs.

good luck!

• Posted

I would think that your doctors will be looking after you and that if you do have gall stone/stones that would have been seen with an ultrasound examination.

If there are gall stones that cause symptoms and especially if a stone blocks the bile duct the symptoms are usually worse than you say your symptoms are but then again all of us are individuals with our own particular way of feeling anything...........

My particular gall bladder problem continued in varying degrees for a couple of years but when the symptoms kept me up all nights on several occasions being sick I knew I had something dire......... The ultrasound showed I had 5 gall stones of Cholesterol type and I knew that they might well be dissolved with Ursodioxycholic acid treatment which can be thoroughly researched on the net and especially so USA.........

I still have a functioning gall bladder with just two tiny ASYMPTOMATIC stones but the 17mm one and the others have been dissolved within 7 months on URSO. No I am not some kind of rep for any chemical outlet just telling what is true so that anyone who thinks that removal of the gall bladder is necessary in each and every event is incorrect and if the patient is a suitable candidate fo the course of Urso they may well be pleased with the result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.