Abdominal pains after gallstone attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had a gallstone attack for 2 nights consecutively, lasted about 3 hours, I have been experiencing pain, although not as severe, a dull pain, exacerbated when I bend, drive, laugh etc across my abdomen. It's been 2 days now and the pain is still lingering. Is this normal.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cholecystitis, can cause

Pain in the upper tummy (abdomen) - the main symptom. It is usually worse on the right side under the ribs. The pain may radiate (travel) to the back or to the right shoulder. The pain tends to be worse if you breathe in deeply.

You may also develop a feeling of sickness (nausea); you may be sick (vomit) and you may have a high temperature (fever).

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

Yes it's normal.  Are you under a doctor's care?

• Posted

Hello thanks for your responses, just got back home from a&e. Apparently my blood results were all ok, but I was positive for Murphy,s test, eventually they told me to go that it was unlikely an infection, I was shocked when they asked me family history of bowel cancer, I hadn't even considered that. I will be going back in 2 weeks to talk about surgery

• Posted

Hi

I've been having similar pain for 3 weeks now.

Spoke to my GP yday who said it could be gallstones and that the pain and the length of time is normal.

My GP is going to send me for a scan to confirm this but from what I've read up myself I believe it could be gallstones.

I'm having issues with eating. Trying to avoid everything that brings on the attacks but to be honest I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid to eat because of how severe my episodes have been.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.