Abdominal Sacropolpoxy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am almost 60 and due to have an 'Abdominal Sacropolposy' in 2 weeks to repair my prolapse. I know what the op involves, but would like any helpful info/advice from anyone who has undergone this surgery recently, especially, for what to expect post surgery. I am really nervous about going into hospital, but keen to get things sorted out, so trying to be as positive as possible!  I have a very supportive hubby so will have lot of help at home :-) 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a similar op 12 weeks ago I am 48 & had a helpful husband and two grown up sons at home to help. What suprised me the most was how much I slept. The first two weeks I showered and went back into pyjamas and spent my time in bed or on sofa. The next few weeks were also spent taking things easy no lifting no ironing no housework no driving etc. all I can say now 12 weeks post op is my caution paid off I have been back in work for 3 weeks and although I still get a bit tired I feel great. So give into the recovery time and don't expect too much too soon and I'm sure you will do just great.
  • Posted

Thank You for your message.  Thats one thing I'm not good at ....doing nothing, but know I will have to take things slowly. Did you have much pain afterwards ? How long were you in hospital ? I have read lots but nothing about what to expect afterwards ....
    • Posted

Hi

Just to confirm I wasn't in much pain after the op however I was on panadol and ibuprofen it was more discomfort. I also took daily medicine and fybrogel to assist with bm's. In fact I still do this and will probably continue for some time yet. I was in hospital for 3 nights and I like you was not used to lazing around not doing much........however my energy levels were completely zapped and all I could do was sleep :-)

• Posted

Thank You so much......I'm feeling a lot more reassured now. ...with 2 weeks to go !  Ros x
    • Posted

Hi Ros

Hope all goes well. I would recommend you Plan to do nothing for the first month after the op as you will probably sleep a lot and then plan a quiet month after that and really allow yourself to recover properly.

• Posted

Hi I am 55 had abdominal hysterectomy for fibroids and anterior prolapse repair oct 2014. Now prolapse back and much worse. Been fitted with shelf pessary and waiting for referral to Liverpool women's hosp. Be good to hear how you both progress thanks Ruth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.