Abnormal white bumps on my vagina: genital warts or herpes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had sex with someone, who I have no clue if he has anything or not, 11 weeks ago. I tested for herpes type 2 a month after having sex with him and it came out negative. However, I did get chlamydia but I got treated for it. Two nights ago after I shaved I checked my vagina and noticed these little white bumps that took place in my fordyce spots that get more white and noticeable when I stretch my vagina lips. They are fairly irritated and itchy. I don't know if it's irritated from shaving or if it's herpes or warts. I'm really paranoid and clueless to what is going on..

2 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

If it's 11 weeks since your last exposure, then it probably isn't herpes.  It could be warts, but it's hard to say without seeing a pic.  If you're worried, I'd go back to where you were already tested, and ask them to take a look.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

This is my first time using this website and I had no clue how to post a picture through my phone. Do you think I can send you a picture through private messaging?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry, but I've only seen the pics.  I don't think those spots are herpes or warts, but I'd definitely get them checked out.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Giving you more information: on august 1, 2017 I went to do a Pap smear and it did not detect HPV or BV but it did have a little bit of yeast(which I got treatment for)

And I also got tested for herpes the same day and it came out negative

The week before I noticed the spots I was fingered roughly and I bled, but I only bled that once and the other times I had sexual intercourse after that day, I didn't bleed.

I have also gotten all 3 vaccinations for HPV in the past

It's been about three days since I've noticed the spots and they have not grown or spread however they do itch and it's extremely irritated and painful. for now I am using coconut oil which helps with the irritation.

I have a feeling that maybe the friction from shaving has caused it to look like this since as soon as I finished shaving I noticed the spots or maybe it's infected?

However, I will keep you updated when I go get it checked out. 

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up