Abosolutely no energy..no thyroid and am deaperate. Any suggestions? Please I'm 48 and should be ene

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have no thyroid and as was reading looks like I'm in perimenopause. I've been told nothing will help b/c of. My thyroid medicine. At my wits end!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you try bio identical hormone creams (not synthetic hormones) worth asking if you can use they have worked a treat for me
    • Posted

Can I ask what bio identical hormone creams are?

Sorry this all new to me, I was put on hrt 2 months ago but the gp didn't discuss anything with me it was more of a case of "here you are, off you go".

Karen

• Posted

Bio identicals are plant based hormone (not like conventional hrt which is made using pregnant horse urine) they are huge in America, the don't have to be licensed hence why pharmaceutical companies and some doctor's hate them. If you try you must follow instructions to the letter and get from a reputable distributor in UK ( they aren't made in Uk) have a look online if you want to try i will PM you the name of company I get mine from they have eased my peri symptoms no end

• Posted

Chellbell,  

First off, I don't have a thyroid problem so all I can offer is from reading.  However, I do know there are women who have thyroid problems and also take estrogen.  But it appears it is complicated and tricky to get the mix right.  There are several webs sites that are about thyroid problems, and quite a lot of information about also using sex steriods in combination with thyroid meds.

Please remember that our sex steriods are a minor hormone system, while thyroid is not.  It's major league.  I hope you get this worked out, and find something that works.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.