About Antidepressants Withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I had anxiety symptoms like (shortness of breath, chest tightness, fear etc). I took Alprazolam (0.5mg) + Escitalopram (10mg) and Prothiaden (Dosulepin Hydrochloride) 25mg for 3 months (On doctors advice). Then I became normal and stopped taking these medicine on my own. Then I had withdrawal symptoms like (dizziness, nausea, palpitations, brain heaviness, brain zaps, headache etc). Then Psychiatrist advised me to take Escitalopram 10mg only. Now I am taking it. 20 days have passed since my last visit to psychiatrist but still withdrawal symptoms have not disappeared. I want to know: -How long will the take to disappear? -Are these withdrawals symptoms dangerous (especially brain zaps) ? - I am only taking escitalopram 10mg now. Will it make the symptoms disappear? I am really worried please answer. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi There

Remember what you felt like when you went on them. Could it be the symptoms you were experiencing when you went on them. Otherwise you will Ned to go on something too treat those symptoms. I tried to come off mine and the same thing happened. Try meditation tapping reading spiritual books. Hoponopono the violet flame. and a naturopath to guide you with natural remedies. Let me know if you want any further information. You are going to be OK.

• Posted

Thanks for your repky.I took these medicines for 3 months and they treated my anxiety. Didn't face any kind of side effects. Stopping them caused withdrawal symptoms mentioned above. Can you please tell me how did your stop taking antidepressants? Did you decrease the dose with time or stopped them suddenly? And what withdrawal symptoms you faced?

• Posted

I don't know but if I took meds that actually worked the last thing that I would do is stop taking them.  I am jealous of people that meds help them LOL.  Hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.