About coming off Citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im on citalopram 10mg about 6 days. Today i talk to my doctor, i ask him about coming off Citalopram, do i need to coming off slowly, and he said you dont have enough longer to take this medications and dont need to coming off slowly, you just need to stop taking them. Anyone experienced to coming  off this medications after few days? i dont take any other drepession medications before. Thank you very much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask why you're coming off after 6 days?  It takes much longer for you to reap the benefits of this medication.  
    • Posted

Because the side effect and I want to rely on myself, I'm not in a really serious depression. And I feel worse after taking this meds

• Posted

Same reason - side effects, length of time and dose as you, personally just stopped as GP said could, was OK and had no problems. Everyone is different though.
  • Posted

I believe your doctor is correct Ryan, stopping taking it after such a short time shouldnt give you too many issues and certainly nothing as bad as the side effects you're experiencing.  I stopped due to an allergic reaction after about a month on a higher dose and I don't remember having much in the way of withdrawal symptoms at all, I was just so grateful to feel better after feeling so ill whilst taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.