About hyperthyroid medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I'm 20 year old girl. I'm diagnosed with hyperthyroid 1 month ago. I was feeling weak, light headed,poor digestion, panic attacks, depression, rapidly weight loss from 4 months. I had many other blood tests, brain mri, ultrasound scan, endoscopy because of some dumb doctors  bcs they were not able to diagnose actual problem. Finally I got an appointment with a homeopathy doctor finally he find that i was suffering from  hyperthyroid and my TSH was 0.15 T3 and T4 is normal .  Also i have b12 deficiency and vitamin D deficiency so I'm taking weekly supplement of vitamin D and 1000 mcg b12 daily. I'm taking homeopathy medicine for 40 days and took 2nd test after 30 days. My TSH is 0.5 now.  I feel a little bit relief from weakness and depression but I'm facing with 2 new problem from last week that is breathtaking problem and very rapid heartrate. I just want to know if i should start allopathy medicine or homeopathy is okay?  Bcs i heard that thyroid take time to start recover. So please let me know if both of medicines take same time. Because some of my friends advising me to start allopathy and never take a chance as i can develop some serious problems. 

Sorry for my poor english😐 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi im suffering also as i can feel something in my throat when swallowing dont know if its anxiety or not
    • Posted

I think first you should confirm if you have thyroid issue with a blood test.  
  • Posted

Hi, unfortunately, hyperthyroidism is sometimes mistaken for anxiety or panic attacks as some of the symptoms overlap.

Why don't you talk to the doctor who found out that you are hyperthyroid.  It is important to determine what type of thyroid disorder you have in order to treat it effectively. Hyperthyroidism in itself is just an initial finding. A proper diagnosis would tell you what is causing your thyroid to become overactive. 

If your doctor is unable to assist you further, maybe he can refer you to an endocrinologist. 

• Posted

Hi,  yeah I'm also thinking about that why don't he tell me whether it is auto immune or anything else. Biggest problem here is to find a skilled doctor. 

• Posted

Could you please tell me that how to diagnose the cause of hyperthyroidism? 

• Posted

Hi sukhvir, I can only tell you about my own experience. First, my endo palpated my neck to check if she can feel an enlarged thyroid. In addition to TSH and FT4, my TSH receptor antibodies and the anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies were tested. This will tell is the thyroid disorder is of auto-immune nature. In absence of anti-thyroid antibodies, your endo will order a scan of your thyroid, eighter ultrasound or a scintigram. This is to check for thyroid nodules. 

• Posted

Hello dear,

Yesterday I visited a medicine doctor he ordered a ultrasound scan of my neck in results i have two thyroid cysts. They are 3to 4 mm in size. My doctor prescribed me carbimazole 10 mg to take thrice in day. A beta blocker and vitamins calcium supplements. 

• Posted

Hope you respond well to your medicine and your thyroid levels normalise soon.
    • Posted

Thank you dear.  Could you please tell me if i can take beta blocker when i have normal blood pressure.  Because my doctor told me to take twice a day in morning and evening. But sometimes my bp is normal in morning.
  • Posted

I wonder what kind of homeopathy medicine you are taking for 40 days. What were the T4 T3 numbers from the second test. IMO, naturopathy could be better for GD patient instead of homeopathy...
    • Posted

Hi Mike,  I don't know what type of medicines they are.  Because my doctor doesn't give me any written statement or prescription page. In my first test my TSH was 0.15, T3 2.17, T4 95.37

In second test TSH is 0.05, T3 2.86, T4 115.19

• Posted

You must have a type error in your first post stating your second test TSH=0.5   According to your reply post, TSH is 0.05 that is worse than your first test. So the first concluding from the test results indicates that the medicine you were taking had no immediate positive effect on your condition (seemed have a negative effect instead)... you may want to do deeper research on homeopathic medicine.
    • Posted

sorry for the error. Yes its 0.05 i have asked my doctor that i think it is worse than previous test.  Bt he said that it is just fluctuations. 0.15 or 0.05 is a same thing. not a big difference. 

I'm worried 😐 what should be my next step.  As im facing two new problems breathing problems and fast heart beat. Last time when my doctor checked my heartrate was 168. He gave me some emergency medicines. Then it became 120 and after half an hour again it raised to 150. n im also feeling pain n heaviness in left side of my throat, Is it also related to my thyroid??

• Posted

How surprising! TSH 0.15 and 0.05 not a big difference? When my endo saw my TSH number change from <0.01 to 0.01, she immediately claimed that my TSH was rising. How could even anybody say TSH 0.15 and 0.05 not a big difference? Also, your T4 T3 are getting worse from the same test. Your condition is hard for me to fathom... Sorry, I could be of no help at this point. Maybe someone more knowledgeable and experienced could chime in here?

• Posted

Could you please tell me what is the meaning of sign  (<wink . Sorry again i forgot to mention that sign. It is <0.05 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.