About those hot flashes..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I think sometimes I feel a bit chilled or warmer than I should be,but I haven't had sweats so far.

What part of your monthly cycle do /did you experience having hot flashes?

More at night or day?Duration?

Does weight play a part in severity?

Is it awkward or noticeable in public?Sorry about all the questions but I 'd like to be prepared for if it happens smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 54 and i had no hot flashes as they are usually described. But I had night sweats for several years, then it went away and returned several months ago. Not as uncomfortable as before, but still annoying. It comes usually in early hours, and I sweat over my all body including face, hair. Usualy I have also dreams like running, walking through a strange city. I wake up tired.

I also feel like my body temperature is turned higher, in winter I wore only one! sweater. I felt cold all my life and wore sweaters even in summer, two in winter, plus winter underwear.

I still have periods, so maybe hot flashes come later, maybe not. My mother had none.

• Posted

I am perimenopausal...have had night sweats for a few years now, I only have ever had one hot flash, but like you, I tend to go from warmer to coller through the day.  I have most of the other symptoms of peri though
  • Posted

I'd be very interested about whether these are related to monthly cycles. I haven't experienced any hot flashes during the day, but this past week I've had 4 nights where I've woken up in the early hours feeling hot and sweaty. Now I'm not sure if I've been overestimating the blankets needed (it's cold in my house and spring is just starting to be noticeable!) or if this is a real thing so I've made a note of it.

I'm underweight if anything - just putting that in there for info.

And I think I've been in peri for about a year - it's hard to tell because I didn't ever have a defining moment, it just dawned on me gradually, so it might welll be 2 or 3!

• Posted

Hi

I've been experiencing night sweats for a while, coupled with vivid dreams that, to me, were very real, I bought some menopause tablets from the supermarket, I had a chat with the pharmacist before purchase and she explained that they won't harm me, to be honest, they have worked, the night sweats have all but gone, I don't feel so tired and drained at the end of the day, I still have the odd sweat, it is, best way I can describe it, like a rising sweat and the dreams, I can't remember last nights.

I've been having the depo injection for over a year and have noticed a slight weight gain and I've added a pound or 2 in the last 3 months, in total, I've gained about 8lb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.