about to schedule gallbladder removal surgery tomorrow and i'm scared it might be cancerous.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a nodular thickening of the wall of the gallbladder. I also have stones and they are saying they can't rule out carcinoma. I am running scared.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I will pray for you! We will pray there is no cancer. try to stay positive as you can. Please let me know how it goes. God be with you...
  • Posted

Hi mary, totally understand where you're coming from and hope that it is not as you fear. All you can do is keep yourself as well and calm as you can do and take things a step at a time. That I know is a really hard thing to do when you are worried sick. See that as your part of the work to do and trust in the surgeons to do their very best for you. We on here will all be thinking of you and sending you our best wishes and support . Let us know how you are getting on. Take care.
  • Posted

Ofcourse you are scared. It is OK to be scared it is how you deal with that fear that is most important.

Praying for you. Let us know how you get on.

Lots of love

Sarah

• Posted

Fingers crossed Mary and hope it all went well. I remember reading that gallbladder cancer is extremely rare so hopefully all will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.