abscess drained?

Posted , 4 users are following.

. just diagnosed three days ago....via CT and it also showed a small abscess.  Doctor said I may need it drained.... I'm so scared...depressed.  On two antibiotics and still diarrhea and slight cramping.

i leave for Greece in 5 weeks and am terrified I may not be able to go and terrified that a flare up will happen while there.

has anyone had an abscess drained? What exactly happens?  So fearful of a colostomy bag...that will 100-% due me in

HELP pls

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya on the 21st of may I to thought that I had to have a colostomy bag and that the surgeon could do nothing else

But miracles can happen and he managed to do it laparascopicaly I had a flare up a couple of weeks later but if you really listen to his wise words you can hopefully make a difference to your life.

• Posted

You will be much better in five weeks. Take the medication. A probiotic will help. Go to pharmacy and ask what is best.  Antibiotics cause diarrhea and a probiotic will help put good bacteria back in.  I've been in the hospital and on those antibiotics and they do make you feel sick.  I haven't had an abscess but don't think the worse. I'm sure the medication will work. 🙏😊

• Posted

Hello, Yes I can help ypu . I had an abcess that exploded, body untouchable, admitted to hospital immediately. You are not in such a dire situation, as you ars still walking about. ,but it needs doing sooner or later, If the abcess bursts,there is a danger of the infection spreading. However if you are put on a drip,with antibiotics,no food by the way,, Even though mine had burst, the infection was contaned, and " murdered " .That wa 2 years ago. I started taking a probiotic capsule twice a day, they kill off the bad bacteria I have not had a flare or a tweak since. you really need it sorted before you go away, 

• Posted

Sorry ,,,, mis print (I'm good at that ) should not have said ars  Ha HA.   The probiotic you NEED is Acidophilus with Pectin 3 billion .purchased from H&B ,,, magic !!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.