Absolute worst night EVER

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I started Prozac on top of my Buspar 8 days ago.. I've been doing ok, but the past few days I've felt like my heart rate is high. Anyways last night my body went into full panic mode. I was coloring and sitting down with my legs up. My pulse was 82.. Now I know that isn't anything to be concerned about, but my mind went off and I totally lost it. I went to sleep And everything was fine.

I kept waking up gasping because I thought my son was falling out of bed, he wasn't though. So all of a sudden I started getting that feeling of my back and chest hurting.. I could not pinpoint the pain, which made this whole thing worse. I've always read that if you can't pinpoint the pain, rhats a sign that it's your heart.. Anyways this went on from 11pm until 8am. My pulse is 84 right now, which I guess for panicking for the past 9 hours isn't too bad.

Why is my mind suddenly panicking over a number that it never wouldve panicked over before? Is the anxiety just trying to stay around so my mind is giving in? I usually panic if my resting rate is like 100, but this is the first time I've panicked for it being so calm. (i usually run anywhere from high 60s to high 80s).

Does anyone else have the chest pain they can't really pinpoint? My mind is telling me I have to go to the doctors but I'm trying to be calm.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm glad I am not the only one who can have a full blown panick attack whilst sitting and supposedly relaxing!!! So thank you for sharing that smile I appreciate it.

"Is the anxiety just trying to stay around so my mind gives in?" Ah.... I can relate relate relate again!

You talk about your anxiety like it is a seperate entity. A "monster on your back."

But.... The anxiety is you.

Once you accept it...OWN it... Control comes.

You are still fighting it by chasing this heart issue.

Next time this happens to you I want you to try this. Say out loud to yourself "This is anxiety".

If people are near you say it in your head, if people are out of ear shot; whisper it. Alone? Shout it.

You must accept your anxiety...it is as much a part of you as your hair..skin...it is you.

I can understand why you don't wish to associate yourself with it. I did this too.

Why would we want to accept something so negative and destructive is us?

But with the acceptance it loses its power...and the beast on your back can became a bad tempered dog on a lead.

• Posted

I was out on buspar last year and the first night I took it, I woke up feeling like my whole body was burning on fire. I kept taking it for a week or 2 to see if it would stop but it just lessened a little bit so I completely stopped taking it. It didnt help me at all but everyone is different. The side effects are supposed to subside if you keep taking it but not every medication is for everyone, it's trial and error unfortunately. I know what its like to go through this, it was me last year for an entire year almost before I got to where I am now. I had a nervous breakdown and I can only hope I don't have to go through that again but I know anxiety just creeps up on us. I am just now eating to go back to work and hopefully I can stay above it this time

• Posted

Thank you for sharing I thought I was the only one that would panic watching tv or reading. I wish you luck. 
  • Posted

Hi , me too . Very often pain comes suddenly , when I feel completely relaxed .  Then I think it's the reason not belive it's just anxiety ! 

Must be heart problem , close to dying !!! 

That's it's hard to accept instead of fighting . XDonna 

• Posted

Thank you everyone.. I've had an upset stomach all day (loose stools sorry tmi) so now I'm even more convinced that I'm dying from a heart attack. A heart attack that would be about 19 hours long now lol. It literally won't end tonight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.