Acceptance

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all so over the last 3 weeks I have been to hell and not come back yet I visited my dr with bloating he thinks it was anxiety so gave me sertaline 50mg the side effects have been horrid still not happy I have had 2 a&e visits 2 dr visits bloods taken all clear urine taken all clear all 3 Drs refused a scan so I am stuck believing this constant bloating is anxiety and depression how do you accept this and get on with your life how do I accept they are right and I am wrong? Help someone it's ruining my life I am so obsess with my stomach

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same boat with about the same story as you however mine is my brain and I too am having trouble excepting it's not a brain issue and it's just anxiety that seems to be a huge problem for me and still having symptoms, I did have a great week then for no reason it came back last night and has been a constant all day

• Posted

If you don't mind me asking what sort of symptoms do you have?

Xx

• Posted

I'm the same when it comes to obsessing over being ill. I'm constantly checking myself or googling things. I'm convinced there's something from with my throat. One min I think I'm okay then il feel a twinge then I become even more anxious panicking something's bad is happening. It's awful. People laugh when I say I'm going to the doctors "again" . I have been taking a remedy it seems to be helping, it's taking away the constantly anxious feeling xx

• Posted

I am in the exact same boat only its nausea and a tightness like bloating in my stomach instead my doctor said its probably linked to my anxiety but he let me get a ct scan. Nothing showed up in my stomach instead it showed up in my uterus that I have something wrongwith my fallopian tube. Which could also be linked to my problems. I just got prescribed propranolol and buspirone for anxiety, so far no problems. I do still have the nausea sad . My advice to you is say your symptoms are affecting your everyday life which is what I said because I can't do anything with nausea. If they won't check you out I recommend you find a different doctor or try to tell a women's health service doctor. They might take it more seriously. Good luck though I hope you find relief. Ginger tea feels good in the belly!

• Posted

The thing is I have seen 3 doctors all who said all is well I just can't accept it all I think about is my stomach I don't really have nausea just constant bloating I don't want unnecessary tests because where does it end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.