Acetaminophen OD after-affects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. Before I post this, spare the pity. I know what I did was dangerous and blah blah. Hence why I did it. I'm asking this as curiosity, not because I actually care. 

On Wednesday I OD'd on 21 acetaminophen (paracetamol) 500mg each. I was fine, clinical levels were fine 2 hours after. I drunk activated charcoal (have done before) +4 hours after had bloods. Had to have 1 bag of NAC infusion IV and after 3 hours of the OD I was puking every 15 minutes for roughly 6 hours. Next day i was took off infusion but had severe abdominal cramps, headaches, tiredness etc. Spent 2 days in hospital. I'm home now with still severe abdominal cramps, possible UTI now, temperatures, ive slept for 16 hours, no vomiting, constipation, I have hardly eaten. How long does the OD symptoms last in ones body, on average?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you realise that an overdose of paracetamol can kill your liver, and if you kill your liver you cannot survive it.

I know of one case that the hospital did there best to cover up, here in Redcliffe in Queensland, Australia, nurses overdosed a patient after knee replacement, she died.

• Posted

Yeah. I’m more than aware. Thanks for telling me. I seem to be fine these days now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.