Ache in rectum

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is really embarrassing but I don't know where else to turn. I have been told I have piles and can see in the mirror a purple lump on my anus. It is not painful to touch or sit but my rectum aches so much. The pain even radiates down into my legs. Also I get unbearably itchy when I walk. I'm so worried that something more sinister is going on but the doctors just keep say hemorrhoids. Can anyone relate to my symptoms. It's making my anxiety issues worse and I feel I can't cope...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You poor dear, it sounds like a thrombosed hemmoroid. They can be excruciating! I know! You need to have it dealt with and to make sure it's not something else being you said it wasn't that painful.

• Posted

Hi I have just started browsing this forum as I have started suffering again from haemorrhoids and yes I can relate to you. My first bout I suffered pain down my legs and also my lower back felt as if it was on fire. The consultant I saw confirmed I had haemorrhoids but that they weren't  the cause of the pain which makes you start thinking it must be something else but I can definitely say that's what caused my pain.

• Posted

I can see if your hemmroids are super painful I think can probably disperse the pain around. I would go to a GI and set up a colonoscopy it's always better to be safe then sorry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.