Aches and pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Help i'm really struggling with very achy joints..

Cant even walk up and down stairs properly..

Ive tried two lots of HRT so far... Just been giving Femeston.. Does any one else take it for sore joints

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi im on frmoston and ive stsrted with joint and muscle pain, as yet it hasnt helped x

• Posted

If you have a pool nearby, I would recommend going.. The water is so soothing.Have you tried an epson salt bath? Or even taking magnesium at night?

• Posted

Morning Sharon, I’ve never tried that, I’m three years post menopause, but I have a terrible time with this. For actually a few months now my feet have been terrible. i’m the same as you I almost have to walk down the stairs sideways and hold onto the railing. And forget about traveling anywhere for any length of time. We traveled yesterday for 2 1/2 hours round-trip and I was so fatigued and in pain. My husband made the mistake of his usual question, what’s wrong and I just snapped, I said it’s been this way for a very long time why do you keep asking what’s wrong when you know what’s wrong ?!?! GRRRR ! I tried BHRT recently, but I had to go off after onky four days due to the extreme symptoms I was having from it ! I hope you find your answers on here. My GP told me to up my CO Q10 and Fish Oil for the pain, but I really don’t think that’s going to make a difference, because once again, it’s hormones, and once again, male doctors don’t understand that !

• Posted

hi Lisa - its me the burning body parts girl - hah! i have also been struggling for the last year with horrible leg pains (a little hip issue thrown in there too) i do gentle water movement & chair yoga & it has helped me with flexability & movement since i was in lots of pain to move my legs & to walk -

i double up on a good Omega, take Vitamin D (i have an RX for it) take tumeric selectively (tumeric triggers my rosacea...thank you menopause...another gift!) & when days are really bad i will take just one advil - i spray magnesium oil on my legs during the day & take 400 ml of magnesium glycinate at night -

i have been to a few drs about this leg issue thing & again, no one can give me answers...i was convinced i had a auto immune disease, even tested positive for ANA, but i dont - again i think our hormones are just wrecking havoc on us, but this is a cruel joke because if i dont already feel frumpy enough with weight gain, dry skin & wrinkles, now i walk like a 90 year old, heck even 90 year olds walk better - does anyone know if this will correct itself? i am 7 yrs post & have been dealing with it for a year -

• Posted

Hey Debra, It’s the hormones as well that irritate the rosacea because I’m having some issues with that. you don’t have perioral dermatitis do you? I was told that years ago by a Dermatologist and of course he was useless. So I came home, googled it and it said hormones can affect it and to stop using regular toothpaste because fluoride causes it. The BHRT I went on a couple weeks ago really messed me up, I woke up with red dots on my nose ...so I feel ya! We had to drive a little over an hour each way the other day ...man did I feel it, it was a rainy day and I felt like I’d been hit by a truck. wish I am more positive answers, you’re not alone ...xo

• Posted

Hi, I have painful feet. They are also swollen. I noted that others said their feet hurt - are they swollen too? Dr took blood to test for arthritis. Getting the results tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.