Achey Knee at 7 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I had my TKR in March and am now 7 months post op. I am glad I had this done and do need other knee done but mentally am not ready to go down the road again.

?I have had a few issues with my new knee but all have turned out fine until 2 weeks ago. My knee gets sore achey and tired to the point I need to rest it along with upping painkillers. I have been back at work ful time for 7 weeks on my feet 8 hour a day as a classroom assistant. I know I am on my feet and walking round school a lot but don't know why all of a sudden it is achier and sore. one other change is I live in Northern Ireland and the weather has changed to a lot cooler over the past 2 weeks ...would this have an effect on new knee?

?Has anyone else experienced anything like this...doing well then suffering agan. Thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The increased activity is taking a toll on the leg. Try resting and regular icing as well as elevating (Sort of like starting all over again. I think the rest will pave dividends. You can only push the body so much and it rebels. Keep in mind Dr's will tell you it takes a year to own the prosthesis. Up till then it owns you.

• Posted

Thank you again OFG, you always give brilliant advice. I do try to rest when I feel it aching and painkillers don't help but family and work colleagues forget about my knee and I sometimes especially in work battle on as don't like to keep saying I can't do that or I need a break. With the other knee getting worse I feel I just want to hide.

?Thank you for your advice. Best wishes to you and your wife.

• Posted

"Hi everyone, I had my TKR in March and am now 7 months post op. I am glad I had this done and do need other knee done but mentally am not ready to go down the road again."

No kidding.  Same thing for me.  March TKR and need the other one done.  Luckily, I have little pain so I can put it off.  I will not even consider it until I'm 18 months post-op on the first.  Get off the opioids and onto Tramadol or 800mg Ibuprophin TID...the narcotics will become addicting and rot your teeth within 24 months.  Try Voltaren Gel (RX) for the new knee.  Talk to your doc about Synvisc injections for the other one.  Put off my TKR for a decade. 

• Posted

I question the teeth rotting......I look mine over really close every night before putting them in the cup with thebpolident tablet and they don't look any the worse for wear to me. Now cracking hazlenuts with them is a whole different story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.