Aching and dragging 9 months after prolapse surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I had posterior and anterior repair surgery and also sacrospinous fixation nearly 10 months ago. At the beginning of the year I seemed to be really getting back to normal but in the last couple of weeks I have had a really achy dragging feeling in my vagina , especially when I exercise or lift. I am so worried that one of the prolapsed has returned or I've done some damage!! Would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem as I'm getting very anxious! 

Thankyou! Xx

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had a similar problem Wizzy but there's only one way to find out to put your mind at rest and that's to see a doctor. If I had those symptoms it's what I would do because it doesn't necessarily mean you have another prolapse, it could be a urine or pelvic infection. 

• Posted

I haven't had that yet but I need a cystocele and rectocele repair. I pray for a full recovery for you. I will have mine done hopefully this summer at UNC (University of Carolina) .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.