Aching legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys

I now have really achy legs and because i have had palpitations too im feeling a little freaked out incase its a clot or sumthn. Is this normal xxx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi star how you doing? If your worried about a blood clot you can get a blood test done, and that will tell you if you have or not, don’t sit and worry yourself..

Normaly a blood clot acures in just one leg, and it is hot to touch, and swollen a bit, so if it’s just aching in both legs, I would say all ok, but won’t harm you to just have bloods done to put your mind at rest..

I had blood clots on my lungs 2yrs ago, and it’s a possibility that it started in the leg. As it was very painful just in one leg, and hot to touch, then the hole of my leg swollen up, that I couldn’t put a shoe on that foot... so I always say check it out if at all worried ..

But I’m sure your okbig hug 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

i feel like im getting worse. I panicking over nothing. well theres stressdul situations but things are ok. and my vertigo is getting bad for the last week!. to where no im just in bed now . not sure what is causing this but its scaring me.just dont get it was on this combo before (doxepin and prozac) for 6 years and only stopped for 6 months and now i started it again. I know your not a doctor i am just venting. I called my doctor to ask some questions im waiting for a response. ugh but shes gonna tell me to stop the doxepin and start something else. I dont want to start something else. just so i can feel lousy again?

• Posted

HIya chic.. sorry your struggling, how long have you been on these two meds? Are you worried that they are not working together? And giving you some side effects? And please rant on as much as you want, I’m here to listen, if nothing eles, I do hate to say some times doc are just going by what it says in a book, and I truly don’t think until uv been on meds it’s hard to say how people will feel, as what one person feels another won’t ...

If you don’t mind me saying how old are you? Not sure if u told me b4 🤗x

• Posted

Hi dawn, your the best for hearing me out. Prozac day 23 I think ans soxepin day 9. I am a 35 years old female. I emailed her saying I’m having g dizziness but now I think it’s vertigo. She suggested I stop the doxepin and try another med. but I’m scared to stop Ames and start another and I don’t like to give up easy with meds. But it’s not like I have a lot  time here. I’m on medical leave. MY boyfriend gets mad when i say that cuz he says that my sorry makes it worse and doctor won’t make me go back till I’m better 
    • Posted

Hi chic, as your vertigo only been while you’ve been on doxepin? Not Prozac ? 

I know what you mean about stopping one med to go on another, it’s like starting again, and each med can have some sort of symptoms.. do you think you could just take Prozac? Maybe even at a higher dose? And stop your other med ...

Maybe you could be thinking to much in to things, and caursing the anxiety abit more, which dies happen, as our minds are one powerful thing, and when we are low, it’s at our worse... how long have you been of work for, or how long are you allowed to have off work where you live? If you feel your not ready to go back to work, then your not, sounds like you’ve got a lot on your mind, and this is not helping you, once Prozac as really started to work for you, and you feel better then The world seems a better place.. we are all here for you, and if at any time you do want to chat, then chat away to me I really don’t mind, and will answer you back 🤗x

• Posted

yah. it started while on doxepin. but prozac has caused me lots of anxiety that i wonder if adding doxepin brought on the vertigo. who knows. im still waiting to hear from the doctors office. I live in southern california.  yes my doctor recommended a higher dose as well but im scared to do anything. ive been off work since thanksgiving. I actually just got off the phone with HR and she told me im about to run out of sick time and now have to use my vacation time. then disability,. I just want to be better and go back. i think too much...which is how i got into this prediciment. i wish i could just know what to do with my meds. I know its alot of meditation and CBT and self care but i feel like i do thos things. thanks again dawn. Do you struggle with anxiety?
    • Posted

Hi dawn

My depression has improved loads but i still have anxiety i think the palpitations are making me worried and anxious. I have an app with the dr again tomorro to talk about it. How have you been xxx

• Posted

Hiya star. I’m good thanks, or as well as can be, dose sound like a bit of panic attack to me as that’s the symptoms you describe that you will get, try and take deep breaths, or if bad, get a paper bag and breath in and out of it, as this will calm you down.. please let me know how you get on at the docs and what he’s says to you chic, big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Tina ... I did suffer with anxiety when I first went on to Prozac, but now I don’t, and my depression as gone, other then the odd blip I have now and again, but I’m going through the menopause, so it’s like I’m having to fight that as well, but 20 mg wasn’t enough for me, as I seem to be all over the place, it could take 10/12 weeks for it to kick in chic, that’s y I throught I mite as well go up on the med, as got nothing to lose, I was feeling  crap, so it was going to either get better or stay the same, and for ME it was better to go up, and now I’m on 60mg and never felt better big hug chic 🤗xx

• Posted

I talked to doc nurse last night-he suggested i stop the second med doxepin since I’m feeling dizziness and vertigo to see if that’s the culprit. So last night I stopped it. We’ll see what happens. Today is not terrible. Woke up with panic and tummy upset ness but that’s nothing new with all this. But the dizziness wasn’t as bad. So I figure I’ll give it a few more days. I remember you saying that upping meds wouldn’t be so bad. I would like to up mine from 20-40 but Prozac strips my appetite so I’m afraid I’ll feel even more nauseous . I might have the doc do it slower maybe 30mg. Glad you are doing better now. This med is soooo slow. I hear other people say meds work so fast. I wonder if they struggled that bad to begin with??! Alright I know not a fair statement. 

Thanks again dawn. Always. 

• Posted

Lol yeah I was on trazadone for 15 years and never had any problem with it, but it stopped working for me..I had no symptoms at all, it’s only been this med that i had the problems, at the start...

It is a very, very slow med sorry to say, but it’s also one that works good after it as all settled down, I just had to trust this med to work for me, as I was sooo low  I was willing to stick it out, and yep I’m glad I did, but we are all different people, what works for one won’t for another but it’s just trail and error, all I can say is give it time, relax for Xmas and enjoy it, and see what the new year brings for you big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Star,

I never had pain but did have some freaky tingling. I still get it once in awhile when I'm tried and stressed. I agree with Dawn, go to your doctor and talk to him about it. 

How is the depression and anxiety doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.