Achy calf pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I m 3 wks post op and today I can feel an achy pain in my right calf, it feels like the after effects when you ve had cramp. Has anybody else experienced this? I m still wearing my stockings as I was told to wear them for 6 weeks. It's not hot or swollen just achy if I press my finger into the back of my leg. My other leg is fine.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No I've not experienced that but if your worried speak to your doctor or the nurse . I can't believe they told you to wear your stockings for six weeks you're walking around aren't you if you are ditch the stockings it could be them that's doing it as they're quite tight 
  • Posted

Talk to your doctor and make sure it's not a blood clot? But i looked it up and these are the symptoms. Erin

Signs and Symptoms

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Swelling, usually in one leg

Leg pain or tenderness

Reddish or bluish skin discoloration

Leg warm to touch

• Posted

Hi I am 5 weeks post op with tah and bso. I have been told to wear my stockings for 6 weeks as well ,I have tenderness to my right hip and thigh ,and pain in my left foot I just checked my foot and found a small bruise on my ankle so now have to go to doctors straight away  so if you leg is still sore go to your doctors better safe than sorry
  • Posted

I agree with Lyn11297 about the stcokings i only lasted 5 days wearing them as was really mobile from a couple of days after op and it could actually be the things that are meant to help that could be giving you the pain.  Best thing to do though is visit the doctors isn't it, let us know what they say.
  • Posted

Hi Nanny to 5

The nurses took my stockings off the next morning at 6 a.m. saying I was very low risk and as I was about to get up I did not need to wear them.  Best to check with your doctor just in case.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi All

Been to doctors, he's checked my leg and said as it still feels soft to touch, is not hot or swollen he did not think it was a blood clot, but could be the start of one so if my leg does get these symptoms over the weekend to go to A&E. I asked him & my sister in law (who is a sister in a hospital) about wearing the stockings and both said i should wear them for 6 weeks as my gynaecologist told me to. After having this 'scare' i'll keep them on. They actually help maintain blood flow in your leg and veins and help to reduce swelling. So fingers crossed my leg doesn't get any worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.