Acid Reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been taking antiacids for about 8 years now for nausea after eating. I currently take 1 nexium/day. Recently I started having chest pain and neck pressure. Doctors seem to think it's acid. I had a endoscopy and all they found was gastritis. When it gets really bad, it's hard for me to eat and I get a really full feeling. Does all this sound like Acid Reflux or could it be the gastritis? I guess I just have had a hard time understanding how this can be from acid when I don't feel acid in my throat or anything. The doctor suggested taking 2 nexium a day. Ugh

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey.

Your problem could be gastroparesis. Do you feel full after small meals ? Also, read the side effects of your meds.Stu

• Posted

Is gastroparesis something they could diagnose from an endoscopy? I just read the side effects of nexium. Doesn't say anything about neck pressure or chest pain or anything.

• Posted

Nope...It is a digestion test. Not enough acid is when food sits, and is slow to digest. Nexium is poison in my opinion, and is only for a few months, until the real issue is resolved. Stu
    • Posted

Well thank you for bringing that up, I will ask my doctor about it. I agree about Nexium. I hate that I have to take it. I don't really like the idea of taking any medicine. Would prefer a natural cure.

• Posted

Worth getting further investigations maybe. Is your gall bladder ok? Have you had a PH test? I have been tested recently whereby I had to drink a radiated drink (no taste, went down like water) they found that the acid was going up to my nose. I have had ear, nose and throat symptoms so have decided to have surgery which is happening this Wednesday. Good luck with your follow up.
  • Posted

It could well be acid I would try taking two Nexium a day and see if it improves and heals your gut

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.