Acid Reflux

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Im glad that people suffering with Gallstones take the time to post on forums to help other sufferers and im hoping to get some feedback also. I have been diagnosed with Gallstones 18 months now and I thought I was coping ok on a diet of less than 5% fat but 4 months ago I started getting lots of acid reflux and I have been given medication for it. What I would like to know is Acid Reflux common for Gallbladder sufferers because I dont seem to read anyone else commenting on Acid reflux.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello i found this sight because i google if gallbladder was associated with acid reflix... I have gallstones and will have surgery on the 26 of July I just found out i had gallstones 3 months ago when i was pregnant i had my first attack and omg it hurts like hell! I just had my baby and i recently had another attack but this time it was different i felt like i had to burp at first and had alot if gas then the pain in my stomach under my ribs started to hurt more and more it wasn't as bad as when i have had other attacks those only last for 30 min but this pain lasted for 3 hours the pain went to my back and burned like it was on fire.... Well long story short u called my doctor and they told me to buy acid reflex pills i was confused because i never get heart burn but the pain went away! So im thinking that the aswer to that question is yes having a bad gallbladder causes acid reflex because i never had experienced this before until now that my gallbladder is bad

• Posted

Hello. I was told i had gallstones after my first pregnancy. I found that taking all natural alfalfa in gell capsules helped with a very slow and natural way to break down the stones. Then found that cucumbers helped pass stones (some say sludge, i was told like sand. That is what i am referring to in this post for stones). Recently with my second pregnancy i started having very bad smelling burps, like sulfer and rotten eggs. Was told it was acid reflux, or could be gerd. I do have a family history of gerd. I cannot have surgery due to other medical issues. For those like me, i hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.