acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone to share there experiences of the barium swallow test i have had two endoscopys showing very red inflamed throat, have the test in 10 days time and how long is it for results thanks.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had this done last Friday The doctor told me then that he sees "a lot" of reflux. I saw the Gastrenterologist on Monday and I am having an endoscopy on Monday. I didn't get the test results until Monday after having them on Friday
    • Posted

I have had  two endoscopys just showing the sore throat  having the barium swallow in two weeks glad you get the results quickly.Good luck with the endoscopy.
    • Posted

Sorry the post didn't all go through. I've had mild reflux for a while but about 10 years ago, once in a while I would have trouble choking especially if I ate something like dry chicken etc. there has been about 3 different times that it was bad and I thought that I was going to choke to death. The last time like that was in October and it seems that I've been hurting ever since. The top of my stomach (esophogus) burns pretty much all the time, burping, pains- especially when lying down. Just miserable. My nose is stuffy every morning and post nasal drip. I really hope that they dilate my esophagus so I will not choke anymore. I worry about what they will find and if they can do anything. I hope that I don't have to live like this forever.
    • Posted

sorry for you im relatively new to this 14 months suffering, makes your life a misery but reading these posts gives you alternative things to try.Change in diet seems very inportant,
    • Posted

Yes, I love this sight. I hope that I can get some relieve although from what I have read there is no real cure. I just hope I can get answers soon
  • Posted

I did the barium test in December, I did this since I was scared to do the endocsopy. In the x-ray acid reflux was shown, then a week later i got the results, which concluded the I have mild hiatal hernia. I am now taking omperzole, been taking them for 3 weeks now, though I am nauesous all the time and taking these pills haven't affected that yet.

Goodluck smile

• Posted

I also changed my diet, no alcohol, and i am eating everything gluten and lactose free, started this diet from December. Before december, I wasn't able to eat cuase ill be too nausous and feel like something is stuck in throat. I used to eat only like 3 small ravioli in a whole day.

I am now able to eat almost everything (though healthy) so I have seen an improvement, the nausea is still there but less then before.

• Posted

Yes cant tolerate alcohol at all just makes me sick and dairy also although i love cheese thankyou for your advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.