Acid Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 23 years old age. Height 5ft 5 inches.

Weight 65 Kgs.

Diagnosed with Mild H.Pylori Infection in Stomach, a Very small Heital Hetnia and Reflux Oesophagitis.

Sometimes gets chest pain in different positions and sorr throat with cough.

What is the treatment?? sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mostly proton pump inhibitors and avoiding food triggers. I'd assume your already on meds for this. I have a small Hiatial hernia and reflux but they said it's too small to operate on plus I've heard the surgery isn't very successful.
    • Posted

Did they not give you any medication when they diagnosed you? You should be on proton pump inhibitors for the acid reflux. I'm not sure what they give for the h ployri. I thought they usually give antibiotics for it. I'm using homeopathic treatment to but it doesn't always work you'd need medication for the infection and reflux. Also watch what your eating as reflux can get worse if eating trigger foods e.g alcohol, chocolate, tomatoes,orange juice, citrus/acidic fruits etc as well as not eating too late at night and propping bed up. My reflux has gotten worse since being diagnosed with Hiatial hernia so definitely get the meds and watch the diet
  • Posted

Hello Prabhakar, as Charmayne says, antibiotics are the treatment for H. Pylori - two at once, along with an acid reducing medicine - PPI. Hopefully sorting that out will improve the reflux a bit. My measures for gastritis issues, which include avoidance of things Charmayne mentioned, may help you too. Best wishes.

Several small or medium meals per day (I have one every two hours or so), rather than fewer bigger ones, so you don't overfill your stomach. Eat relaxed, chew well. Be sat upright for and after meals, not bent or slouching, so you don't squash your stomach and press its contents upwards.

You might find some foods are ok or bad with you compared to other people, so it's a matter of experimentation, but fried foods, high-fat foods, high-salt foods, carbonated drinks, caffeine, alcohol and chocolate can all impact on stomach and reflux troubles. Spicy and hot foods can also hurt some people. Minty foods relax the lower eosophageal muscle, so they are bad. I use a fruity toothpaste.

Wholewheat bread, cereals, bananas, hardboiled eggs are a few of the foods that suit me, but there are pulses, rice, various beans (not kidney beans apparently) and many other things you can try. Chicken is one of the best meats to try due to its lower fat content.

Stress and excercise that affect the stomach are also to be avoided. Be as calm and stress-free as you can.

Having your last meal a few hours before bed can prevent or lessen reflux at night, but I found that waiting to be too empty caused hunger discomfort and kept me awake. Because of this I lie-down about an hour and a half to two hours after last meal, and this is much better. I lie raised a bit on three pillows, on my right side, which is best for me, but maybe not for everyone.

A thing that helps me greatly is to not burp after ten minutes after eating, as this can bring acid up and cause heartburn.

• Posted

Will soon consult with a Good Gastroentitologist. I too have sore throat with phelgum and chest pains in different parts sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.