Acid Reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. ..new to the board.

I have had acid reflux over the years and also H Pylori. I have been taking Prantopozole on and off since around 2012..come off them as soon as I feel better.

About 2 months ago start feeling sick again and about 1 month ago it worsen, I think as a result of taking antibiotics and also potassium pills.

Before just had abdominal and a bit of chest pain. Now I have both as well as chest pressure so bad it feels like I am going to have a heart attack. I also have burning sensation in my chest and throat and it feels like something is stuck in my throat and upper chest.

Have been to emergency several times in the past month. I have an endoscopy scheduled for this Friday.

I am of course worried about cancer. The Pantaloc 40mg doesn't seem to work so well. The emergency doctor did say I should be taking it twice daily instead of once but need to discuss with my family doctor.

To be honest don't want to go that route so have been supplementing with Gaviscon Tablets.

I suppose I am wondering how l long will it take before it gets better.

I should mention that ftom this week I have only been eating bread, oatmeal with 0%milk & almond slivers and raisins. I also eat sardines in spring water mixed with cucumbers. Also bananas.

I am willing to change my diet if I can get this to go away and come off the PPIs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update:

I did my CT Scan last week on my chest and received the results on Monday. I have a Mediastinal Mass 3.2 cm by 3.2cm and according to the Radioloist report, it appears to be related to an enlarged Lymph Node and is located between my lungs near my pulmonary artery.

They recommended a MRI and another CT Scan and if Biopsy is required to go through the abdomen or pelvis. 

I have had an enlarged under arm lymph node for about 3 months now and when I did my ultasound they had said it was not Cancer so I am not sure what is going on. I seem to have an enlarge lymph node in my neck as well.

Praying it is not cancer related.

• Posted

I forgot to mention that the pain and pressure in  my chest is now constant so I am thinking it's related to the chest tumor and not so much acid reflux.

My Cardiologist is arranging an apointment with a Thoracic Surgeon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.