Acid reflux

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I’ve been 20 days on gluten free diet and my heartburn was on a good way to disappear. In the mean time I had lactose test which came slightly positive, but 3 hours after this test I had diarrhea and then 2 mor times (same evening and next morning). So I connected bloating, belching and gases with lactose. If I stay away from lactose my problems and pain with gases disappear. 

Because of acid reflux I haven’t been eating tomatoes, garlic, onion ... for at least half year although my heartburn didn’t change a bit.

So yesterday I ate gluten free pizza with tomato sauce at 4 p.m. I took 30mg lansoprazol as usual at 6 p. m. 

Than I ate half of croissant - with gluten - first gluten after 1 month.

At 2 p.m. I was woke up by horrendous acid reflux. 

I am wondering what could be the reason for it. Tomato pizza sauce - 10 hours after consuming it, or gluten croissant - 6 hours after consuming it.

I know I should try one by one, but it was just a coincidence of being a trip and had nothing else to eat.

I don’t know what is more probable cause.

I also have hormonal problems with longer and weaker periods. 41 yo.

I would appreciate any help or idea what could it be.

Thank you.

Aua

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be the fatty, oily content of croissants.that caused the heartburn. I  have trouble digesting very fatty foods some of which cause acid reflux, nausea or vomiting.  Try avoiding fatty, rich and spicy foods to see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.