acid reflux and breathing

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive suffered acid reflux for abt 18 months now and in the last few months my breathing has got bad im afraid 2 do anything ie walk far run arnd even 2 much house work thats not a bad thing haha,i find no meds help but i am afraid 2 take meds as i hav had a bad experience before so maybe i dnt give them time,i have a small child 2 look after so im finding it very hard any advice plz ,i have also tried lots of astma treatments n have had tests 4 astma but that doesnt seem 2 b the prob plz help

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you waking in the night choking on the reflux? smile
  • Posted

[quote:a486b5f611=\"Dr_Spock\"]Are you waking in the night choking on the reflux? smile[/quote:a486b5f611]no but sometimes i wake up and find it hard 2 swallow not very often thou
  • Posted

Oh yeah smile In alot of ways you sound like someone complainig of a Hiatus Hernia :D
  • Posted

[quote:d29f365da7=\"Dr_Spock\"]Oh yeah smile In alot of ways you sound like someone complainig of a Hiatus Hernia :D[/quote:d29f365da7]i have had bloods taken will that show hitatus hernia?
  • Posted

Nah you need a gastroscopy, a barium follow through or an x-ray or something like to detect a hiatus hernia smile Don't be scared to take a few antacids (like Rennie, Bicarbonate of Soda) they aren't going hurt you (in moderation), take them at the slightest sniff / risk of heartburn smile Also do make sure you aren't coming down with a chronic lung condition, see what tests your Doctor sends you for. Are you actually suffering from chestiness / wheeziness / lack of oxygen or just the feeling of? smile
  • Posted

[quote:b5f966f9f7=\"Dr_Spock\"]Nah you need a gastroscopy, a barium follow through or an x-ray or something like to detect a hiatus hernia smile Don't be scared to take a few antacids (like Rennie, Bicarbonate of Soda) they aren't going hurt you (in moderation), take them at the slightest sniff / risk of heartburn smile Also do make sure you aren't coming down with a chronic lung condition, see what tests your Doctor sends you for. Are you actually suffering from chestiness / wheeziness / lack of oxygen or just the feeling of? smile[/quote:b5f966f9f7]im off for a chest xray 2day ,have had a barium swallow a while ago now also had a camera down my throat not a nice experience i must say ,im taking ranidine and also gaviscon at night ,im lost at wot 2 do next always in the docs im sure they think im a drama queen
  • Posted

Ooh right, your Doctor thought you have a hiatus hernia too :D Funny it not showing up, it must be a sliding one, there must be something you do that can make your stomach pop through sometimes (bending over, reaching up etc) smile It's not being a drama queen when a fit adult is slowly becoming / feeling quite ill, I dunno about you but I'd rather not bother a Doctor at all smile
  • Posted

You need to practice Yoga. That is the only sure way to address reflux and breathing problem. I have had reflux for 10 years with similar condition that you have described. Last 4 years of practice of Yoga and diet control has eliminated all symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.