Acid Reflux + Diet

Posted , 5 users are following.

Time for some honesty. No doctors will read your text and no distant relatives will hear about your diagnoses. I am curious for those that have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux how many follow:

(A) a very strict low acid diet (Koufman) and never cheating,

(B) follow the diet X% but cheat Y%, 

(C) mostly eat whatever you want and treat the symptoms?

You may need to ask your mate when answering (B).

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Difficult to answer straight boxes

B -  But  with occasional treats, or trials of different food to see which affect or do not affect my acid production. Not cheats just finding what works for me .so another box  (D) may be more relevent than B.H ope that helps

• Posted

Thanks Mo, there are some very good websites that depict the PH levels of most food items. One medical site from Australia is very extensive.
  • Posted

Abc,

That is a good question.

My answer would have to be A

In 2010, I pursxhased an alkaline water machine.

Prior to this my sptims were silent or I ignored them.

I ate raw food only, 90% of the time in 2010. No meat, sodas, raw sugar.

I began to cook food more in 2011, but continued on alkaline water all the time and everything else.

2013 my aymtpoms began after light anesthesia,

and treatment for Hyploric (antibiotics)

I believe that low acid triggered my condition along with antibiotics.

I only drink clean water now. I began a 250mg HCL with food today and will slowly increase over time.

From what I have read it have taken many increases for some to get their reflux under control, then they were able to taper down with time.

That's my story

• Posted

Excellent post... abc1234 ½

I am “C”

“Today”….I manage reflux…

My Relux is…. NOT CAUSED BY:

Stress

LES impairment

Acid..too much…too little

SIBO or close or distant relatives of..infections etc.…

Foods/liquids/dr. good etc. (can eat all foods,

can drink, coffee, a beer or a glass of San Pellegrino but do avoid too spicy…burns more than a few areas over time) 90% plus of my food intake is Organic..balanced ..infrequent “dine out’s” anymore…but

in previous years?…far too many.

Jogging

Gastroparesis

Medications

Swallowing

Vagal nerve

Surgery

Trauma

Aliens

I have a Hiatal Hernia

I have a problem with reflux ONLY when

I have overeaten …meaning “excess volume”.

Have had a Brazilian types of “lifestyle ” changes including foods over many Years…in this regard....don’t think I’m unique.

Claudio

• Posted

Thanks Don, the only vice I had left was the occasional buffet. Now that's gone too. If you see any more aliens send them my way. I need someone to take out my frustration on smile.
    • Posted

Sending a Kate Upton :klone....bu ker qi...claudio
    • Posted

Forgot to mention about idiopathic growth factor and plain ole egf with LPR..interesting...will pm you with a search vs google..Claudio
  • Posted

Eat what I want and treat the condition. Changing your diet is only dealing with symptoms. Taking the right biotics is getting rid of the problem for good.

By the way I had to ask my great grandmother for the answer to this question. She is a master mind and has been acclaimed by the Royal family as an oracle. She was eating a peanut butter sandwich while she debated this with me. Luckily you asked this on a thursday, the day of wisdom. If it had been on a monday she always talks rubbish and gets it all wrong.

• Posted

Thanks Carmel, always interested in learning more about a cure to AR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.