Acid Reflux & Gerd driving me nuts!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've had Acid reflux for weeks! Also, uncomfortable muscle spasms in my stomach, to the point where I have to hold my hand on my stomach to manage throughout the day!  Ugh!!!

Docs just say to take Pepcid or Prilosec...this is soooo irritating!!!

Anyone else experiencing this??

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I find that ginger with tumeric , cinnamon an honey helps

• Posted

Hey Wendy!

Thank you for this!!!!  This sounds like it would make a good tea!

• Posted

It does in my country we drink lots of it ..its good for hpb also , an indigest amost other things its all natural u can grate ginger an boil it with a bit of tumeric an cinnamon pwd an just sweeten wit honey tastes great...very healthy but use in moderation helps with sleepin also...
    • Posted

It helps with sleep also?!?  In that case, I will definitley be trying this!  I've been battling insomnia too!

Thank so much!!!

• Posted

Vee can u giv me a feed back on hw u r doing it takes at least three days to get full relief frm my experience
  • Posted

Hi Vee,

I had this really bad for a while they prescribed a proton pump inhibitor. Although it cut down on the amount of attacks. It did not stop them.

After researching I tried ginger capsules 2 before meals and ginger tea made with fresh ginger sipped slowly after meals.

After about a month on this regime and no further attacks whatsoever I stopped taking it and have not had the problem since.

Hope this helps you too.

• Posted

Thank you Zigangie!

I love ginger! I will be giving this a try! This pressure and discomfort are almost unbearable!!!

Thanks again!!!!

• Posted

Hi Vee,

I forgot to say take the capsules half an hour before food. Ginger is to increase stomach acid. All medications do is reduce or neutralise it. New thinking is that gerd is actually caused by not enough stomach acid rather than too much.

• Posted

this is brilliant!  thanks for this.  will be starting this tomorrow. cheesygrin

• Posted

Oh, yes, this makes sense!  Thank you for the additional info!
  • Posted

I started experiencing these issues last year. I thought I had a stomach ulcer it was so bad at times. I was on omneprazole for a while until my symptoms imprived

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.