Acid reflux like symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi about 5 months ago I had an in incredible pain in stomach it felt like something had ruptured and immediately after I had another pain in the bottom right side of my belly near my belly button ever since then I've had acid reflux like symptoms with my chest has to feeling like it's blocked and I feel like I need to constantly cough and Ive recently started to fee breathless like it's hard to breath my stomach has been swelling and I've been getting pains and trust me Its definitely not gas pains, it's constantly gurgling, I'm constantly thirsty I feel like I can drink litres of water especially at night but I'm to scared to I'm worried it'll make it worse, I have a feeling that I might have and esophical, stomach and intestine problem can someone help me or give me some advice on what I should do ts getting worser I'm at the point where I I'm having to sit up to sleep and I'm only getting 4-5 hours of sleep night. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gabrielle,

Don't be scared but I think you should seek medical attention. When I was diagnosed with IBS I was also diagnosed with a hiatus hernia. What other symptons do you have? Do you get any relief from anything that you may have tried. You may be dehydrated. I had swelling in the upper stomach and the right side of the abdomen.

Vivian

• Posted

Hi Vivian,

I have an appointment with my doctor today so I'll definitely be asking about that. I have done blood tests, ultrasound, chest X-rays, I've done a test where I have to blow in a balloon to check for stomach bacteria all came up clear. I've have just started taking sandoz I'm not a big fan medication as I more of natural but it's gotten bad.

I've been having pain in back of neck and head my coughing is constant when I wake up in mornings I get lightheaded and just want to cough it's worse at night and early morning.

And thank you for replying Vivian I never would of thought IBS or hiatus hernia.

• Posted

I had the same problem like acid reflux before I got diagnosed with ibs. Your symptoms don't sound like ibs though.

You need to see the doctor, he will probably give you omperpazole, which stop the acid reflux, and it settles your stomach, you take one in the morning and then whatever you eat won't cause you pain. Are you eating anything that you don't usually eat? You could have a allergy to something, or you could have gluten intorelence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.