Acid Reflux - lump in throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone sorry to raise this issue yet again as I know it has been discussed many times.

Could someone tell me whether a itchy throat / neck  also accompanies a lump in the throat feeling. I ask because for days now I have been having to scratch my throat/ neck.On my last visit which was on Monday to my GP I mentioned it to her and she just told me that it was probably connected to my hayfever but I am not sure that is correct.

I am of cause worried that it could be something far more vicious.

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi ted

Have you had a endoscopy because that will tell you if the acid reflux has gone worse I too have a,lump feeling too.. Can you possibly see another gp at ur surgery?? I've had this many times and its horrible.. If its effecting you to swallow your food you definitely need to see your GP asap.. I used to gargle salty water and it did help me 😊.. Hope u feel better soon 😊

Jina

• Posted

Thanks for reply jina Yes I have had an endoscopy and whilst they could see my stomach was inflammed they did not see anything else.

I know it sounds daft but I would have been happier if they had found an hernia because at least it would have been a reason for having AR.

I will as you suggest gargle salt water and if it does get worse return to see my GP.

Its at times like this when I expect many of us wish we had the money for private health care. Ted

• Posted

Hi ted 

I have had the lump in the throat feeling but not the itching I was told it feels like a lump because reflux has taken lining of throat  I have had camra down   Throat and no lumps were found  it takes a few days of no reflux into throat for lump feeling to subside .

stress can cause these conditions also !

I found relaxing or doing something that marks you laugh helps .take time for yourself because everyone else WILL take ALL your time if you let them ! 

I hope you are similar to me as I'm in a better place now than I was 6 weeks  

ago.

dont worry .... get all the evidence 1st then cope with it as it happens  ! but do push for results  ask for investigations and ALL options open to you to get sorted

• Posted

I've just realised I've got this, had it since Sunday and already it is going.. Just try not to eat big portion sizes and don't eat big meals late on at night and then go to bed on a full stomach....
  • Posted

I'd say that was because of an allergy, I get an itchy neck and I have Asthma..
  • Posted

Hello Ted,

I have this condition too. So many terms used for it, Globus Sensation or some say Cricopharyngeal spasms usually associated with LPR. There are days that this is intense when you are anxious or stressed out. It feel like there's a hair,  feeling like you are trying to hold back your tears or a bone lodged in your throat. No pain or difficulty in  swallowing , though. I get relieved by eating or drinking. And I became fully aware that I need to clear my throat every now and then  which I don't usually do. Unconsciouly, suffferers also develop a habit of  heaving a sigh of relief. Went to my GP and she said I have to be checked for H. Pylori.I have to stop taking Omeprazole for 2 weeks and I'm bit worried that I'd have a rebound on acid reflux.

I deal with this lump by extending my head backwards and blowing kisses to the ceiling, you can search for the full exercises to relieve you, I apply warm compress to the affected site.Lastly I try to listen to Throat Chakra Activation and Healing Meditation.To be honest, Iwould prefer my migraine to stay with me than this.

Hope you feel well soon. Take care.

• Posted

thank you diamond for your advice and to all others that responded too. This illness really can be debilitating but hopefully via this forum we can all make it easier to cope with by supporting each other. Ted
  • Posted

Does anyone get trapped air as well as a lump in the throat,takes me hours to get rid of it ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.