Acid reflux - pain under right rib

Posted , 3 users are following.

Struggled with acid reflux for 4 years now.  On nexium and its not as bad as it was - it comes and goes and I believe that stress / tiredness is the main trigger.  Used to cause a lot of health anxiety but come to terms with it a bit recently - had all sorts of test that were clear at the time.

Recently I have started to get a slight, sort of grumbling pain / discomfort (not severe) just kind of under my right rib.  Has anyone else had that symptom.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It can be a commonly reported symptom of acid reflux. And it can be gall bladder which is affected by both acid reflux and acid reduction from PPIs (eg Nexium).

Very many patients who experince(d) acid reflux have also had gall bladder problems.

YMany years ago I was suffering these occasional pains exactly as you describe and particularly occuring at times of high stress but ultrasound scans found no problems, However a few years back I had to be taken by ambulance to hospital with severe abdominal pain from cholecystitis and had to have my gall bladder removed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.