Acid reflux, tight throat, and difficulty breathing ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello eveyone. I’m new to this forum but I’ve been struggling with this off sensation of a tight throat. I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with GERD and esophagitis, but I’m struggling to understand if my throat tightness is physical or mental. I tend to over think and worry a lot about these things. I’ve had this throat tightness feeling for about 6 months now and it won’t go away. I don’t know if it’s due to stress/anxiety or from the acid reflux. How can I fix this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jake

I suffer with Acid Reflux/ GERD and have the same throat problem. Some days are not too bad but other days are awful. I have had every test available and all are clear apart from proving I have acid reflux. I manage most of the time to control this with ppi's and avoiding trigger foods/drinks. But stress and anxiety are the worse culprits and they do make me over think and look for the worse in this. Just try and avoid worrying too much and you should slowly begin to feel better.

All the best to you 😇.

Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.