Admitting that i'm confused.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, from reading a good few posts i decided that you guys and ladies were the best people to ask for some help, this is my first visit here and i'm not at all good with discussing feelings so forgive me if this post sounds a bit crap! I recently came to a conclusion from reading certain material that i'm a little stuck, i suffer with chronic tension headaches (yet to be diagnosed by gp but will take all my findings to him on the next app.) A medicine to counter act these headaches is Amitripyline which is primarily used for mood disorders. Now yes i'm angry and very low but i am angry and very low because i am sick, i was not angry and very low before i was sick, you see, i have a problem with the issue me being given medication for my character and not for my over all condition. Yes i can see they might make my mood 'lighter' but what i actually want is for the pain to stop. I have a condition of chararcter where i cannot show emotions properly but i am in complete agony, i think people deem me as some kind of nutcase... anyway its going round and round in circles in my mind that i might be 'depressed' but i just don't think associating it to be the cause of my headaches is fair. Has anybody else been in a similar position and can i ask what you did or how you went about resolving the situation i.e Did you take the meds, as mentioned here or any others, and did it make a difference to your situation? Did you stop feeling so angry? Thanks, Nick.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

have you had any scans and tests to rule out any other conditions as illness can contribute to the state of mind and the way they feel.

Its all to often that we place a stigma on ourselves or worry about how society sees us we cant do anything about peoples ignorance in how they see us only educate.

the problem is breaking the negative habbits we form in our daily lives and those habbits are usually to be inwardly negative about ourselves. medication can only relieve our physical and some mental symptons but its yourself that needs to look at ways of helping yourself first in lifestyle and habbit.

It sounds to me that if there is a degree of anger there then I'm asking myself where is it coming from and why and sometimes you may not know yourself yet.

It might be an idea to look at congnative therapy which can help us to improve our way of thinking and behaviors.

I did a CBT course and it lead me to realise and awaken some aspects of my thinking and behavior I had never thought about befor.

I suffer from acute anxiety and I know I will never be able to cure myself but I can change the quality of my life and help to reduce to make it manageable to the point it even becomes un-noticable by others may be a thought for you?

• Posted

I think any type of long term pain is enough to make somebody depressed. You know your pain is their,it's real and you feel you are not getting the right help for this which is going to make you very frustrated and angry.

I had very bad headaches(among other things) when I was on a certain medication so my doctor switched me to another which helped me mentally,physical and stopped the headaches.

All you can do Nick is try them. What have you got to lose? Give yourself a time limit and think " ok,I will give this a bash for however amount of weeks"!!! It could help,it may not but why deprive yourself the chance of knowing,the chance to rid yourself of these headaches! ??? Xxx

• Posted

Headaches are a classic sympton of depression so you might well have it.  Have you been to your doctors?  Meds might help in the short term but counselling sounds like a better idea for you.  x
  • Posted

your anger may need a bit of working on over time.  Having problems with emotions could well be to do with this.  I don't know about your medication, but if the Dr has prescribed it, I would go along with his decision.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks all. Appreciate the replies and advice. Todays a rubbish day but i've not yet spoken to anybody so i'm happy about that. Scans yes quite recent actually. Results pending. Gillian, were you taking meds for depression primarily that caused the headaches? Today i decided the one tie that i could classify as a friend could go jump. I asked him to do one small favour and he put me on the backburner, before this i did have a headache now it feels as if my skulls about to pepper the walls any minute. So reading your replies i definitely have to conclude i'm accelerating the pain by how i feel. I now feel completely disgusted with myself. But at least now i know. I think i'll listen about giving those meds a try.
  • Posted

I should say i asked the 'jumper' over email to help me out, i read my last post and it didn't make sense when i said i hadn't spoken to anybody but i don't know how to or if you can edit posts on here lmao, anyway once again thanks guys and ladies.
    • Posted

For anxiety but had terrible tension headaches with it.

Hey I'm glad you decided to give the meds a go...You did decide that didn't you lol Had to read back then. My meds are driving me loopy I'm sure. I read something and have within seconds forgot what I just wrote. We'll anyway. I do hope they work smile 

• Posted

See typical example of my dizziness " I read something and then totally forgot what I wrote" ,,, I meant forgot what I read smile 
  • Posted

Just to let you guys and ladies know that i took information to the Dr which i had found via the site and showed it, the Dr agreed and confirmed Chronic Tension Headaches, i also did have a vey quick talk with him about the reason why i should be taking Amitriptyline. And had news that head scan was clear which was of course great news. So i have new meds to take in about 3 weeks (coming off some other pills as can't take those with the A's) I also had promising news of my being tested for Aspergers even though i didn't actually like what was said in that report. Also took a huge step in letting one parent know about the medicine/ diagnosis and the anger issue, i fronted up to the fact that this anger was here and i told her it was a part of me, that if the meds assist in that too, well that'll be great but just sometimes whatever has made you into the angry adult you've become you just have to accept it and turn it into a driving force to something that could make you happy. She listened and agreed. So a good day, so far, just wanted to let you all know and to say thanks very much in the advice given to me. Very appreciated. Nick.
  • Posted

Oh Nick I'm so glad for you.

You seem so full of positivity and hope.

That can only be a good thing.

So glad things are looking something like a solution for you.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.