Adrenaline rushes in bed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone might have some solutions for this. It would honestly make my anxiety/depression 90% better if I can cope with this.

Basically it’s just a rush of adrenaline while I’m lying in bed about to go to sleep. It starts in my chest and spreads to my arms and legs. It causes great discomfort, but I’m still incredibly tired so I can’t get up out of bed to do something else. Sometimes I just think about it and it'll happen.

Avitan don’t do anything for it. Zopiclone gets me to sleep but it doesn’t stop it. Not sure if there’s any better meds out there I could use just for when this happens.

I’ve been looking for a solution for years but can’t seem to find one. Someone got to have some sort of solution that can help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your mind is probably too wired because of distressing thoughts or you have generalized anxiety disorder. I have had exactly the same thing happening to me when i had serious issues with anxiety and i didn't know what things were triggering it. You should establish a regular relaxing bedtime routine and make sure your sleep hygiene is ok. Dont use smart phone when you are in bed or at least 30 min before going to bed. I believe that you can find reason for the adrenaline rush while you are in bed when you do some

soul-searching.

• Posted

No matter what I try tho it doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried accepting it, not thinking about it, relaxing hours before bed, etc. Nothing has worked so far. I’m not anxious before it starts but after it happens.

• Posted

Same here! Xanax!

• Posted

Will this work any better than avitan tho? Because avitan doesn’t work for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.