Adult Ear Infection (Both Ears)... Can't Cope

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good afternoon,

I really hope someone out there can give me some advice and let me know that this fight isn't getting the better of me...

Last year i had a perforated right ear drum after a bought of sinusitis. The pain was horrific but after the initial burst seemed to die down. I was however deaf for a few weeks in that ear. When it cleared up i felt back to normal. That was until 5am UK time on Thursday 2nd Feb this week...

I was awoke by that same horrible feeling of Ear ache and something bad was going to happen. It felt like it popped. Little bits of liquid started to come out. Then a few hours later after some Paracetamol the left ear did the same.

We rang the G.P. No help as per usual. At this point my partner was doing all the talking. I felt awful and like death with a fever. She decided to ring out of hours gp services at the local hospital and a doctor there decided to see me. I wasnt really capable of getting there but my partner helped carry me to the car. Felt so weak.

After discussing symptoms with my partner and looking in both ears he said it was Otitis Media. I could have worked that out. But in fairness he did take the time to get me some antibiotics.

It is now Sunday 17:00 and i have no pain on my ears apart from being around 80% deaf and constant tinnitus.

My hearing in one ear has never been great and i think i have suffered with extremely mild tinnitus since i was 17 i think... im 33 now.

I am having boughts of fever every 6-8 hours. These get really horrible and make me feel like giving up sad i dont see any real progress.

Im taking Ibuprofen x 2. Ive had three lots today so will have to go back to Paracetamol. Im taking 500mg Amoxicillin every 8 hours. Im also take 10mg MST morning and night for Sciatica. Accompanied with 300mg Gabapentin 3 times a day and Oramoprh 5ml/10mg once a day.

Please help.

Will my ears go back to normal?

Are my fevers normal? Taking medication drops them again. I can kind of tell when i need medication as i start getting cold and hot.

I feel useless. Havent moved much in 4 days and feel like I'm in a vicious circle. Is this something more serious i should think about?

1 like, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Prev

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up