Adverse effect anxiety disorder worse need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

First of all i want to tell that where i live i dont have a good gp that would help me with a good taper so i need help 

i took sertraline 50 with other meds for 3 months and stopped taking and now anxiety disorder (OCD ) is worst then before 

so after maybe 30-40 days i started again with serta 50 once a day

and its been i think 16-18 days and i still have worse anxiety OCD symtoms 

when i strted taking serta 50 with other meds my anxiety was very less in only 15 days i think but now its taking too much time (serta 50 = once a day)

should i keep on with taking serta 50 or change my med

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's a pity you don't have a GP in whom you can confide in and who would help you with your meds

Pharmacists can be a good source where meds are concerned and can be extremely helpful..my own local Pharmacist  often advises on this subject

Having said that you should not "mess with your meds" so to speak

Taking them, stopping abruptly, then starting again

Meds need time to establish. I am not qualified to give advice. I can only say that were that me, I would continue with the sertraline and allow it to stabalize in your system

When I was first prescribed sertraline 50mg, one a day, I felt worse before I felt better. It took at least 3 months for me to see any benefits but I'm glad I stuck it out because now I am able to cope with everything in a much calmer manner

• Posted

If you are concerned about your medication and wish to discuss changing it make an appointment with your GP and see what is suggesed.

Remember we are coming into Christmas soon so you need to consider what you are willing to do medication wish over the next two weeks

BOB

• Posted

Absolutely, Bob!

We cannot advise someone on meds. Only their GP knows their medical history and tailors meds to suit

Other than that, what works for one person might have an adverse effect upon another

Hugs to you, dear friend smile

• Posted

Anxiety drugs are difficult as they are not aimed at one certain type of anxiety. So if you get given one drug its on the off chance it works for you. And this is something that is always going to be a case of trial and error.

Your best thing to do is pester your GP untill they either refer you to a therapist for some counselling or possibly change your medication. But if the tablets don't work then don't keep taking them! But be prepared for anxiety when you stop taking them as its actually a side affect believe it or not.

Try to figure out whats causing your anxiety to. Many cases of anxiety have a trigger. Its worth noting your symptoms and worries down because i can gauntee you will get a pattern arise over time.

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.