Advice....

Posted , 9 users are following.

How do u tell the difference between real feelings and ache and dizziness and all of that to anxiety just causing that to happen? How do u no that it's just anxiety? What if I think it's anxiety but turns out being something serious? How do u tell the difference....I really need advice on this a bit of reassurance x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think if you're feeling that way just go to the doc first if it concerns you and then everything comes back okay then it's just stress/ anxiety that's how I look at it. People who have anxiety tend to worry more than they should. I'm a prime example from since I can remember I was such a worrier like I 2nd thought everything. With anxiety you just gotta stay positive but that can get really hard casue you feel like everything is wrong and you don't know what's normal. I say just have good people around you and ppl who care about you and are willing to listen to you. It helps. And Eventually the symptoms should decrease.

• Posted

Thanks for that it was really nice, I've got health anxiety GAD and panic disorder so nothing's to easy but I've had cbt councilling and lots of tests. But then when something happens like say I got light headed or tired eyes or cramp in my belly I straight away start panicking so how do u actually no it's nothing bad? sad

• Posted

I know where you're coming from rolleyes it's honestly so horrible to live with. Sometimes I just cry cause I was so fine before and then this just hit me but we just need to learn to cope. No matter how bad you feel you always need to tell yourself that it's not serious or else we'd me miserable for the rest of our lives. Literally a couple of minutes ago I was trying to calm myself down and I layed and breathed in and out and it sorta decreased so I got up all of a sudden I got so dizzy and felt like my vision was closing in it was so scary and I'm still scared. It just comes out of no where but only we can help ourselves. Take care

• Posted

Oh my goodness r u ok? Do u ever look at other ppl and wonder how they have it so easy why can't we be normal. I do cry a lot Coz it really gets me down. Really hope your ok. Camomile tea helps calm me down a bit sometimes X

• Posted

That's such a very good question! Not sure anyone truly has the answer because it all seems so real to us in the midst of our anxiety and panic sad

I have asked those same words... Still do...

You just have to trust yourself and your gut instincts .... My friend always asks if she needs to call an ambulance wink

When I say no, she says well then it's not that serious is it?? Surrounding yourself with positive people helps too and just being good to yourself ... Practice breathing , relaxation, chamomile tea, etc....

Tell yourself " this shall pass" "my anxiety is high but it will pass"

• Posted

Thankyou so much u make a lot of sense. Just wish it was easier xx
    • Posted

your right, breathing helps with it and chamomile tea, funny i bought chamomile tea this morning, i will take a cup soon, it does help a bit.and like you say, to tell yourself anxiety is high but will soon pass, thats good advice.thanks.
  • Posted

Hello Numb

People with anxiety will feel their fears are very real to them, in that case these worries can disrupt peoples lives, even if their fears are irrational.

Many people with these concerns end up seeing their GP to put these fears to rest, What I would advise is you see your GP once more and He will decide if tests will be prescribed to put your mind at test

You know where we are

BOB

• Posted

Thankyou so much I don't no what I'd do without u lot on here xx

• Posted

Hi Numb - haven't seen a post from you for a while.

You've raised an important issue and I have no words of wisdom for you, except if you have a temperature and you're in increasing pain from anywhere, get it checked out.

Hey, what happened to the dude you weren't sure about a few months ago, honey?

Love Tess xxxx

• Posted

yes i know what you mean, like thinking its more than just in the mind, if you want the facts see the doctor for tests, but it probaly is just anxiety, this evil complaint tricks the mind in all sorts of ways, its hard to beat it, sometimes i feel like driving my fist through a door to detract from the anxiety, its awful, i hope you get better, and i hope we all do.take care.
  • Posted

What I always tell myself is that "you never felt any of these sensations before your anxiety got bad"

• Posted

Oh my gosh Numb, I hope you have appt with your doc,about  a antipressant. You are not doing well. I  hope you soon feel better. You have major anxiety,and probably panic
  • Posted

This just might be the million dollar question. Sometimes you dont know. I know thats not what you wanted to hear but its the truth. Even with having an ailment and knowing you have one and its symptoms there can be confusion as to go to the dr or wait it out. You have to maybe out things into perspective. If you have to been to the doctor within the last six minths for whatever ails you and had an exam then id say your good on that issue. If you have had an mri in the last year or year in a half then your good on that issue. I guess thats what it would come down too. It is interesting but a reality that because of this disorder we tend not to believe even ourselves. 
  • Posted

It's a great question! Something we all ask ourselves at some time or another. Sadly there isn't a clear cut answer. I think many of us are in a quandry sometimes because we fear humiliation if we visit the GP and yet again it is merely anxiety induced.

Lisa's response is the best ever! She put it into context and it's a guideline we can all implement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.