Advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there I’m a 16 year old boy going thru some hard time. My heart doesn’t feel right I get palpitations not fast heart beat just hard pounds sometimes I get chest pain arm pain  for a bit then it goes away.It has been a while that I would feel stressed and scared until today again I went to go play soccer because I thought I was getting better but I start playing for like 2 min I can promise you my heart was beating faster than ever don’t get me wrong I didn’t feel out of breath or tired  but I was starting to scare myself and I was like ok what if I faint why if I have a heart attack an die so when I started thinking more I felt dizzy so I asked for a sub and I went out my couch was like what’s wrong I told him to feel my heart he was like oh crap do you feel good I was like yes just I’m scaring myself because it too fast he said just seat down he gave me cold water out cold water in my face I was able to relax but now I have a fear to excercise . Ps  I’ve went to a the hospital twice before they said my heart is ok I went to a cardiologist he said that I’m fine but I feel like they left something else because I swear my heart just doesn’t feel the same and I get out of breath sometimes for no reason or I’m just probably hyperventilating but is this normal I have never had heart problems I have good blood pressure good cholesterol level so I don’t know what it is am I ok or do I have somthing please help I really need comfort my parents just tell me to relax you are fine but they don’t understand 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sound like panic attacks, see a good doctor and tell him how amd when and how self analysis help 16 is far to young avoid alcohol and cigarettes, use magnesium helps palpitations, D calcium some supplements ask a good doctor possible psychosomatic issues , you worry for something, what you worry for Primary? Try to ask some professional advise , ask your family doctor to assist you wish you well 
  • Posted

Sounds like anxiety and panic.  Your heart is fine according to your doctor.  Symptoms of anxiety will not hurt you or your heart even though they feel scary.  It’s just your brain sending out adrenaline that causes your heart to pound or race.  

You tube has some great meditations on anxiety, proper breathing to gain control, sleep, etc. Use earbuds for a better effect.  They totally calm down my mind and body and symptoms!

Counseling can help you manage your anxiety.and any life issues causing you anxiety.

Dont take any supplements unless you discuss it with your doctor first.

The key is to calm down your mind as much as possible through meditations, doing things that relax you and make you feel happy, eat healthy, Avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugar.

Slow down and don’t take life too seriously.

Take Care ??🙂

• Posted

Meditation etc may no work that much . Even appealing well , if you worry to much for anxiety you pre program your brain for constant anxiety if you cannot Control it use Prozac in the morning is an upper serotonin uplifted Compound , or the XANAX 1mg twice a day alorazolam do not touch alcohol stay away , use fruit juices avoid to much sugars , or read the bible , forget the rest mambo Jambo , I have this since 1976 anxiety is very complex pshycological disorder but avoid worry learn to relax if you cannot relax you need mediction ask your doctor to try some the rest is placibo procedures , you can listen wave music sea make relax just try to ignore the anxiety pretend is no exist , and will go , no point direct there avoid it , take care yourself avoid much Cola drinks 
  • Posted

I was 19 when I get those on the navy , they continue until today in my old age , regardless what start this autonomic nervous system issue , is no good to hear your heart pounding and of course that young age , what you think you that may be the cause ? Just happens out of the blue ? Dry mouth heart fast and phobia , to much stress ? What you think ? Try to ignore it , if possible, do some aerobics, even a gym , keep a job , the mind eventually will turn away from this , does anyone in family have this ? Do you worry that may happen? Worry means choke is Latin word if you worry you choke the blood supply or circulation and the body is under stress , apart of asking on forum what other steps you have taken yourself to help yourself, ? The adrenal glands release the hormones for this situation under the order of the brain , adrenaline stimulates fear noradrenaline stimulates anger , under stage fright , this is normal procedure for survival in most creatures , I no like high buildings close places etc so I avoid them , no big deal , how about your eating patterns , you eat well ? Exercise , work ? What you do in this age ? What is your family doctor tell you ? The human body is very complex , however we are direct it from our thinking we are what we think and eat ? And drink, make sense to you ? If you think phobic scenarios then possible you are sensitive and under stress and this may occurred ask your family doctor to assist you , avoid obsessions , all have this , anxiety to a degree is good help us survive , but you have life to leave , so many ask on forums who I do believe they no ask they Own doctor, found a doctor you trust , and mention , the symptoms you mention is pshycosomatic , the mind make the body act that way , if you have a sudden attack breath in a paper bag that helps , try to avoid situations that may cause extra anxiety, even in school if you study , avoid high expectations, and do some aerobics running bike or swimming on the worst case scenario ask your doctor if he want to give you anything wish you well 

• Posted

Anxiety will create the most frightening and bizarre symptoms in your body. 

My tip is try not to react to any of these symptoms. 

Easier said then done, but know that their is NO WAY you will ever be permenatly hurt from any symptoms of anxiety. You may doubt that at the moment, but its true. I have been in and out of those thought loops MANY MANY times. 

Second be patient, and realize it takes time to understand your anxiety and how it works 

• Posted

Alright so I'm currently going through this and have for the past three years try to get your mind off of it for a day by doing things you enjoy like your coping mechanism and if it still doesn't go away maybe tell your parents to get a doctor to take a look

YOU ARE NOT ALONE WE WILL ALL GET THROUGH IT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.