Advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey guys,

I've been on 15mg for 8 or 9 weeks now. past couple weeks have been good. eating good, exercising, and socializing. I've noticed last night and today I've been a little emotional and its been keeping me side tracked. my doctor says to stay on the same dosage. i have been feeling the benefits of the medicine I think, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait a couple months for the full effect. i know I'm recovering from anxiety depression, but was wondering if anyone has a timeline to give me a little comfort. I'm also sighing/yawning a lot.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm 16 weeks in and still have anxious times. I know its hard to stick with it and have a wait and see spproach, but you need to stick with it. 8-9 weeks is not nearly enough time for a dosage change. You'll wake one morning and BOOM you feel better. It's like magic. These blips will continue til you have fully recovered, but will be minor in nature. Don't let your doc increase your dosage just yet. Give it more time. Once you increase, you're fighting side effects all over again for 5-6 weeks.

• Posted

So no matter the fact that its built up from the previous dose if you increase only by 5 or 10 mg the process starts all over? What about what's already been built up?

• Posted

ok, that's what I was thought. keep getting nervous of my weight, but its fine right now. i was eating a lot the last couple weeks, but my appetite has steadied the past couple days.

• Posted

you will still have side effects maybe not as bad, but could be 5-6 weeks. Everyone is different and time frames will vary

• Posted

My dose was increased to 40mg last week so it sounds as if my symptoms have got worse before they get better again.

• Posted

My appetite comes and goes even now. I find that shen I feel better, I tend to eat more. Keep fruits and vegetables close by to munch on. I slso run on the treadmill 4 days a week. Keeps weight manageable and also increases serotonin levels. I know its tough to do, but when you're feeling down, get you some exercise in

• Posted

I'm 5'9 and about 138 pounds so I am in a good weight range. just trying to keep active and eat the right things. i constantly wake up with little energy and not a huge appetite, but that's prob just my anxiety still. i know this medication takes a couple of months to really work along with excersize.

• Posted

I've been struggling for a couple days. Been tapering to 10mg. Just Monday I went from 15-12.5. Trying to take it as slow as possible to avoid all the bad effects. Thanks for checking pal. How you doung?

• Posted

doing ok. been more active and positive thinking. mornings are def the worst for me still. i get up and feel as if I'm dehydrated no matter what. takes a bit for me to get some food in, bur after I start to feel better.

• Posted

did you start off at 15 mg. Mornings were always hard. It does get easier. it takes time. I saw very small improvements after 4 months. It took me 8-9 months to recover and still i have very very small setbacks. But nothing alarming. After 1 year I'm doing great. As I look back I was in a very sad state. I'm at 10 mg. I've noticed many people are recovered with 10 mg.

Remember cut out caffeine and sugar and drink excess water and exercise like walking. Meditate and music helps and the people here!

will 😃

• Posted

i started on 10mg then went to 15mg. i get bad morning sickness, but it does getter better after breakfast. i don't have any coffee and excersize during the week.

• Posted

I'm Ok! I still get anxiety and I know its from my stress full job. I'm having a teeth/gum issue. I'm having dejavu. I had a real bad infection last year and went on antibiotics for 26 days and had root canal.

Now I'm having the same pain on the other side of mouth.

Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.