Advice and support please :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today I have a lot to do and I woke up feeling very shaky and a little but nauseous, tonight I'm having some friends over for Chinese food and games, even though I know I'll enjoy this I feel nothing but dread... I was recently knocked back on my progress with social anxiety after an unexpectedly bad reaction to fluoxetine, since then I've come off the medication but still haven't regained my confidence completely, please give me some advice on how to get through my day of preparations and social encounters!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It's truly horrible.When I have friends to meet up with, I worry about it for days.I mean, they're my friends, so why am I feeling like this!? Do they know about your anxiety issues?
    • Posted

one of them does know how I am but the other two I'm not so close to so I'm not sure if they know the extent of it.. the worst part is knowing that nothing will go wrong but feeling like everything will anyway rolleyes
    • Posted

Do you get physical symptoms? That's my main fear.If I meet friends at a bar, I'm always worried about them seeing me shake when I hold my glass.
    • Posted

yeah, I get nauseated and dizzy, sometimes I'll sweat a bit more than usual so I worry about people thinking I smell bad or that they'll see sweat on my clothes or something like that >_
    • Posted

I try thinking of how good the evening will be.I know it's easier said than done.I've suffered for years.How long did you try the meds for?
    • Posted

I've been thinking about it all day but somehow the negative thoughts creep in there and I'm back to square one rolleyes

I was only on medication for a few days, I got extremely ill and had to stop taking them because I could barely function

• Posted

Yeah, the negativity always seems to win.Try to keep yourself busy.I'm taking propranolol.It's made me feel like I'm walking around in a daze! Sorry I can't give you any advice.
    • Posted

usually it helps to pull up fluff from the carpet with masking tape but unfortunately I used it all haha

thanks for talking with me anyway, it does help to just talk sometimes

• Posted

Yes, it certainly does help to talk.I wish you well Mogie.I hope your evening is filled with joy.Let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.