Advice for someone with portion sizes/ food types.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all

Have been on orlistat 4 weeks and have lost 5 pounds.

I now need to lose 7 pounds this month to keep getting prescribed it.

Problem is i have a sweet tooth-

Can we compile a top ten list of low fat snacks savoury or sweet?

Are there any foods which i can eat lots of without affecting my fat allowance?

I have cut out pepsi, chocolate, crisps, chips, all fried food, sausages, cheese, milk.

However i struggle with portion size- and hate not feeling full. So my plan is to eat more foods that are fat free.

I am also going to step up the exercisr.

Anyone else have any ideas/ moyivation/help?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i generally bump up meals with salad/veg/baked beans etc as low fat, eat fruit/carrot sticks to snack on

you have to be careful when snacking, as a general its not advised to snack if you can just stick to your 3 meals a day but not everyone can so fruit/veg/fat free jelly etc - but be careful of fat free goods as they are often higher in calories

• Posted

Fab thanks

I'll get the jellies in i think - smile

Thanks xx

• Posted

Fab thanks

I'll get the jellies in i think - smile

Thanks xx

• Posted

hiya

Couple of things i snack on are marshmallow rice krispie squares - not keloggs ones i get them from aldi's 1.9g fat but really lovely, also a bar called trimline apple/raspberry bake things - i always find these in £ shops, 0. something fat each, go ahead do something similar but are higher in fat.

Oh a choc bar i like that is low is the fry's turlish delight at 3.3g i think

I love rivita mini's, either salt and vinegar or sweet chilli ones they are 0. something a bag, also tesco's do pretzels which are low again 0. something a bag, also found WW crisps today so will try them and let you know how they are - my downfall was always crispssad

To fill up at lunch i have 2 pitta with ham and lettuce and i chop up peppers, celery and cherry toms to fill my self up as its then 8 hrs till i eat again, during this time if i do feel like something i will have minestrone cup of soup, aldi's again and 0. something a cup

Sure some of the girls have the frozen WW desserts, and i think i heard one of the girls talk about meringue nests(spelt wrong lol)

I dont have these every day but as a when i need, everything in moderation smile

Hope some of that helps......if i think of anymore i will post them

Sian

x

• Posted

Thanks Sian

Awesome advice

Cheers xx

• Posted

I have meringue nests with fresh fruit and activa yoghurt on top, really really filling.

also have chocolate snack a jacks and WW desserts. Also low fat rice pudding again very filling.

you need to be a bit careful on fruit as it has natural sugars in so again moderation is good.

also have a glass of water with you meals as that will fill you up.

I think you can find a low fat option of most things you would normally eat. Low fat chips/sausages/mince are all available it's just a case of spending more time when you are shopping to look at labels or even do a online shop and just search for all the low fat / Weight Watchers options and check the fat content. I find there are more options shopping online than in my local stores

• Posted

Hi Lucydiscodiva

Have you tried Asda Good for You Hot Chocolate ?- Less fat than most of the others.

Marshmellows are good. Our pound shop does two packs of the sandwich type ones for a £1.

Velvet Crunch crisp things are 2g of fat per packet

Mini milk lollies and mini twisters are a nice low fat treat and so are two fingered kitkats.

If you can't do without cheese buy the low fat -Cathedral mature is lovely grate it you use far less and buy it when it's on offer (ie two packs for £5). Buy extra light cheese triangles.

Asda do some small pots of 'Goodies' ow fat trifle- 3 in a pack

Low fat rice pudding (delicious with a little jam or prunes or dates),low fat custard - look at the basic ranges they are often less fat than some of the dearer ones that claim to be low fat.

You can cook lean pork chops or chicken fillets in foil, brushed with a little olive oil with chopped up peppers, onions and mushrooms. I buy big packs of frozen, chopped up peppers/onions/mushrooms far cheaper than buying fresh and their ready to use.

Can't think of anything else just now - hope it's of some use :D

use 1% (fat) milk

• Posted

Fabulous advice guys thanks- really appreciate it

I think the biggest problem for me is buying a multipack of low fat things like say breakaway/marshmallows- then rather than having 1 bar/ handful of mallows- i tend to eat the whole packet!

Any tricks/tips on that?

Do i need to hide them in cupboard- seperate them up into portions?

• Posted

if you eat the weeks worth of marshmellows etc then you need to not buy more until after they'd have ended if eating 1 a day etc, that helps me slow down as i miss it on the days i could have had it but it obv doesn't work if you replace it and do again lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.