Advice needed...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I had laser implant surgery in 1993 when I was 18 and following the surgery up to now (today) my vision with glasses has always been just short for the UK driving requirements.. I was wondering since 1993 has much changed with advances in Cataracs and is there anything that could possibly be done to get me down one more line on a Snellen chart.. When I was discharge in 1993 I was told that all has been done that can be and my brain has not responded due to being born with the condition and being impaired for 18 years since birth... I have not been back sincend and was wondering if it's worth me getting refered from my local GPS. ..Or not to waste my time... Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Richard,

I am pleased with my Symfony Tecnis Lens. There are many posts covering this surgery on these message boards. Cataracts removed, lens inserted, a few laser corrections made. I now have 20/20 in both eyes.

• Posted

Hi! Sharon... Thanks for the reply... Is it possible to have surgery now following surgery I had years ago.. Imy not sure how it all works...
    • Posted

Richard,  I would imagine it is possible.  It all depends on what you have had done in the past.  You will need to give complete history to your next surgeon... so they can decide and check your eye health etc.  I had to qualify to have this done.    I do reply to folks,  but seems my postings have to go through the moderator for some reason.  Possibly because I had put in an internet link for you to check on.  So I will try again.  I watched a News report one evening on Fox 17 TV News.  It had an interview with the same Surgeon that did my Symfony Eye implants. I was glued to the TV that night.  You can view the same interview...  if you go to You Tube and look for Doctor Eric Snyder and put in Fox News 17 and also put in the hame.... Peggy Beeno,  she is the patient that they had implanted a mono focal lens. Since her surgery,  the Symfony Tecnis lens has been approved as of July 1916... which is an upgrade from what she had done.  It gives a near, middle and far vision.  I was hooked once I had viewed the video.  My surgeries are now completed and I have 20/20 vision in both eyes.

I would find a Surgeon that is doing this surgery,  and follow the feedback on the patients that the clinic has operated on,    Most of the other eye clinics in my area do not have this technology...  so I had to go to one of the three clinics (Holland Eye), in my state that is doing it.  It pays to research.  I am well pleased.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.