Advice needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went to my Dr today and all my blood work is normal and stool sample came back normal, he is sure my diarrhea is a result of my anxiety.  He told me i need to get to the root of my anxiety, im struggling with that as i never notice anxiety until i got sick in march with a cold that drug out then i ened up with allergies right after.  He prescribed Escitalopram and Ativan to help me.  I started therapy on Monday.  I took an Ativan about 4 hours ago as i was quite anxious after my appointment, now i feel dead tired.  Just wondering what others experiece as side effects from medication, and also any advice on how to get to the root of my anxiety would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is that your first time taking Ativan? It can make you sleepy.
    • Posted

i've taken them before, but i always seem to experience them differently, the last two i took definitely noticed them calm me down, the first few i didn't really notice anything.  Perhaps i'm not allowing them to work for me?  idk if that makes sense
  • Posted

I took ativan before and now zenox I like zenox better
  • Posted

since you have diarrhea and allergies maybe you should go the food route to solve your problems eating a healthy dietand taking supplements.since it is so hard to independently noticed the side effects of a medicine it's best to look the side effects up on the website
  • Posted

Maybe they are different doses that you've had before. I take Xanax and sometimes it seems to work better than others, maybe it just depends on how anxious at the time.
  • Posted

I take xanax,at first i felt rather uncoordinated and tired. Once your body gets used to the med,it probably wont have many side affects. Only thing mine does now is make ne sleep good at night. Daytime im fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.