Advice needed after physio

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, did my first hour long physio class in the gym yesterday, it consisted of  various exercises for two minutes at a time, the physio told us we would ache for a couple of days but am finding today although I do have some pain, the knee and leg are so stiff this morning, now should I rest up today or try to walk around as much as possible and maybe do a little exercise advice please?  and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am 5 weeks and 4 days after TKR.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Susie, I'm glad you felt a bit better this am. I went once a week for 6 weeks and the next day or so I was uncomfortable but it got better each week, but by gum she pushed me hard. Week 2 she got me on static bike and I thought she was having a laugh....but she was serious, couldn't do full turn for about 5 mins but just rocked back and forwards going further until went right round. Take care and let me know how Monday goes. Are you in UK too or where you from? I went a bit md today and cleaned the house and now paying for it!!!!  xxx

• Posted

Hi Sue, Yes i am in the UK, in South Wales, the physio session I had was a class with 10 of us in and did like a circuit training of 2 minutes each exercise, am hoping that nexxt week I wont suffer for so long afterwards, getting around the house mainly without crutches but finding first thing in the morning the leg is so stiff I have to use two crutches for a few minutes so not too happy about that frown I bought a pedal exerciser which I am using, obviously not as good as a bike but at least it is something extra. Been to my dr this morning and hae has given me a certificate for another month, which will be 10 weeks in all but I am hoping to go back to work after week 9 even if only on a phased return, but I am seeing my consultant next Wednesday so will ask and be guided by him, hopefully he will tell me I can start driving again too. Hope you are feeling better today, cleaning the house was not a good idea !!! how long since you had your TKR? xxxx

• Posted

Hi Susie, I'm doing well today,  I am 16 weeks post op. I have not got back to work yet. I am a teaching assistant and as on feet all day 8 1/2 hrs with only 1/2 hr break my GP would not let me back as my knee hasbeen so stiff and swelling at time last line was due to be renewed. (middle June at 13 weeks) She said could go in for a day at end school term but head would'nt let me as GP had put a lot of restrictions on it. I will be off till Sept when school goes back again after summer.

?I too still find mornings very stiff and hobble for a few moments. You take your time, if you need the crutches use them, I went down to 1 for a while in the house and did not use one when I was feeling confident.

?Have a good weekend, S x 

• Posted

Hi Sue, well I still have the knee pain when I put weight on it and it is over 3 weeks now, went for my 6 week check up but was a little annoyed as I didn't see a Dr but another physiotherapist so I didn't get any of the answers I was looking for, have decided on Monday am going to ring my consultant's secretary and try to book an appointment with a doctor on his team, I really feel cheesed off as I feel I have gone backwards. .....

How are you getting on, Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.